SnG Beginner by Tigga

• Tigga
      Tigga
      Bronze
      14th May

Hi there,

today I had some problems with partypoker. It often crushed or I had no buttons or stuff like this. That's why it was a bit chaotic from time to time.
      There weren't that much questions today, don't know why :( and I wasn't allowed to sing :( . I had one intressting hand today.

50/100 blinds
      I raise 250 AJo from CO, BU called and the rest folded
      The flop came: 8 :club: J :club: 8 :spade:
      So I flopped top pair top kicker. I bet 400 and he insta called.
      The turn was a realy ugly card 9 :club: . The flushdraw hit and a gutshot hit.
      So I decided to check and see what he would do. He insta pushed all in for like 4k. I had 2.5k behind. I told that I think he wouldn't play a turn flush this way, because I showed no strenght in this hand so he cant be sure that I will call. Thats why I call his all in and he showed A :heart: 6 :heart: .
      It shows that you always have to look or think what could your opponent have and what makes sense. And it wouldn't make sense to play a flush like this ;) .

Maybe you have any intressting question to this hand or any other played hand
  • 8 replies
    • FortuneTeller
      FortuneTeller
      Global
      Do you trust time tells? If this guy would have thought a minute and then pushed all in, would you also have called?
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Bronze
      i don't think tigga was looking at the timing tells as much as he was looking at his betsizing.

if the opponent had a straight or flush, why would he push it? weird value play, so tigga thinks he most likely was bluffing.
    • Tigga
      Tigga
      Bronze
      So hi there,

today there weren't that much questions during the coaching, but ok happens. I had some problems today because I just had a 15" screen and it wasn't that easy to manage 4 tables and the caochingplayer (normaly, at my tower pc, i have a 30" and a 24" monitor, just that u see i am not used to these small screens ;) ).
      But we had some intressting hands today, and i think, this one is the moste intresting:

No-Limit Hold'em Tournament ($11), Blinds 30/60 (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with Q:club: , Q:diamond:
      UTG+2 calls $60,00, MP1 folds, MP2 calls $60,00, 2 folds, Hero raises to 300, SB calls $270,00, 3 folds.

Flop: (780) 2:spade: , K:club: , 7:diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets 300, Hero calls $300,00.

Turn: (1380) T:diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets 500, Hero calls $500,00.

River: (2380) A:club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 2380

why this "wired" play? first of all, i think pre flop is clearn. there are two limpers in front of me and i raise 3BB+1BB for each limper makes a total of 5BB. I get a flat call from the SB and all the otheres fold. What hand can the SB have. I put him here on a pocket pair 22-JJ, maybee KQs/QJ or AQo/s. I think he would have reraised hands like QQ-AA and AK.
      The flop i K high and pretty ragged and not coordinated but the SB cold caller donks right into me. According to the range i gave him pre flop i thin its more likly that he has air then a real hand. Because: I think he would c/r a set. Maybe he is betting KQ into me because he doesn't want to c/r. But there are hands like 88 or 99 or complete air. But there is no value in raising my hand, because any better hand is gooing to call or reraise and every worse hand he is going to fold. So there is defenatily no value in raising, but my hand is to strong to fold directly. So i decided to call.
      The turn isnt realy scary and he keeps betting into me. Ok one more call.
      The river is an A and he checks. Should I bet? NO! why? Ok lets take a look to the range we gave him. AQ would have hit. QJ would have hit KQ as well and TT too. So if i bet, which hand is going to call me? a K an A the straight a set and ...? and what? Nothing that i have beat is going to call me but i have showdown value! So I beat all the small pockets and all bluffs. but he wont call a bluff. So its an izy check behind and he shows me AQo. Nice read tigga, well played villain, ty partypoker =)
    • helemaalnicks
      helemaalnicks
      Bronze
      nh, nice 3outer. I'd play the same way.
    • helemaalnicks
      helemaalnicks
      Bronze
      Hello everyone,

WHOOOOPA, im takin over the thread. I played today, because tigga was crying because germany is so incredibly bad @ euro2008. I can understand. Plz gimme feedback on the coaching, and I have 1 interesting hand for you guys:

I am the big stack, and the other big stack has ~ the same amount of chips. He stole quite a lot, and I was pretty sure his range was big enough to make a nice move with 99, because he has to fold anything but really big hands.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (4 handed) Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)

UTG (t4990)
      Button (t1700)
      SB (t2207)
      Hero (t4603)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9, 9.
      UTG raises to t600, 2 folds, Hero raises to t4578, UTG calls t3978.

Flop: (t9206) A, 5, J (2 players)

Turn: (t9206) Q (2 players)

River: (t9206) T (2 players)

Final Pot: t9206

Results in white below:
      UTG has Ah Kh (straight, ace high).
      Hero has 9s 9d (one pair, nines).
      Outcome: UTG wins t9206.

I added results, cause it's so horrible. He called with AKs, and put his tournament life at stake on a coinflip, while he was one of the big stacks. This is a good spot to fold AKs imo, and he should've, but unluckily for me, he was very bad and called.

Despite that, I still made moniez this session, and I thank you for listening,

Nick
    • Drakhor
      Drakhor
      Bronze
      Originally posted by helemaalnicks
      I played today, because tigga was crying because germany is so incredibly bad @ euro2008.
      Or did he have a close encounter of the third kind again with a pole? :D
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      I turned up and waited 30 mins, but knowone showed up!
    • helemaalnicks
      helemaalnicks
      Bronze
      Hello everyone,

I did the coaching again, instead of Tigga. Haven't encountered a lot of interesting hands, but won a bit of moniez. I got a question about icm @ the end of the coaching, and this is an example of an icm calculation:

Player Name
      Chips - Equity
      3k - 0.1844
      1.5k - 0.1019
      1.5k - 0.1019
      1.5k - 0.1019
      1.5k - 0.1019
      1.5k - 0.1019
      1.5k - 0.1019
      1.5k - 0.1019
      1.5k - 0.1019
      0 - 0.0000

As you can see, the doubled up player doesn't have a twice as expensive stack as he had before doubling up. Actually, if two people go all in, and one of them wins, everyone gains by this. So encourage other players to go broke against eachother ;) . It's even so bad, that your starting stack can be a lot of money, if 1 player busts all the other players, like this:

Player Name
      Chips - Equity
      13.5K - 0.4978
      1.5K - 0.3022

ZOMG, your stack is worth over 3 times as much as it was when the tourney started. If you want to do some calculations yourself, one of the members in the coaching adviced this site.

Thanks for listening everyone, and see you next time!

Nick