does pokerstars ask for id verification?

• Banktewn
      Banktewn
      Bronze
      I used a fully id proofed moneybookers account to deposit money into pokerstars. it is my understanding that if I did that then they would not ask for
      my credit card and other such sensitive information.

does anyone have any experience with this?
  • 15 replies
    • SwordsDrawn
      SwordsDrawn
      Bronze
      I have used credit cards before. All they are concerned about is if your name on the card matches your name in the PokerStars account. Also you have to make at least a minimum deposit first to activate your card before you can withdraw any money.
    • Banktewn
      Banktewn
      Bronze
      Moneybookers isnt a credit card, its an ewallet like paypal
    • mute20
      mute20
      Bronze
      When you want to withdraw is where they ask for your id I assume. I actually did it on my deposit with echecks so I can withdraw when I want now.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hi there banktewn,

I have had to verify my ID numerous times at PokerStars. I have used both Moneybookers and VISA to deposit and withdraw.

PokerStars, along with all Poker Rooms issue these ID checks as a security measure and thus they should not be feared but embraced :)

Don't hesitate to ask if you have any further queries ;)

Enjoy your Poker at PokerStars!

Regards,
      Gary
    • Banktewn
      Banktewn
      Bronze
      what type of verification do they require? Since im pretty young (18 and a half) i dont really have a credit card just yet =p its on the way but yeah! how am i supposed to supply them with the required id then? Do they accept any other stuff?
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      In the past I have been asked for

- Driving License
      - Bank Statement
      - Front and Back of Card

I guess it's all random what they ask for. As long as you have an I.D Card of some sort and proof that you exist - everything should be OK.

If you are asked for ID, I am sure they will let you know what exactly you need or will accept what you have.
    • aceonetheriver
      aceonetheriver
      Bronze
      hey ,

As long u deposit and lose, they ask for nothing...once u win some and decide to cash it , they will ask for ID :s_evil: :s_mad:
    • eXtremeACE
      eXtremeACE
      Bronze
      I have one question.. Can I make pokerstars account on my name (since I'm of legal age and all) but still use my dad's credit card (and skrill) to fund my account?

Seems fine to me, but am actually wondering if skrill/credit cards has to have my name on it?

Thanks
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Originally posted by eXtremeACE
      I have one question.. Can I make pokerstars account on my name (since I'm of legal age and all) but still use my dad's credit card (and skrill) to fund my account?

Seems fine to me, but am actually wondering if skrill/credit cards has to have my name on it?

Thanks
      Hi there,

I would ask PokerStars support this one IMO. Best to get 100% accurate answer on these sensitive issues.

All the best,

Gary.
    • Agiz19
      Agiz19
      Bronze
      Originally posted by HollyMichelle
      Originally posted by eXtremeACE

Thanks
      Hi there,

I would ask PokerStars support this one IMO. Best to get 100% accurate answer on these sensitive issues.

All the best,

Gary.
      it is possible to get funded by your dad , but not if he already used his payment options for his account. You cant fund 2 accounts with one credit card or one skrill account. just create your own and be a man, your not a minor anymore :) heh , he can easily transfer you money to your skrill from his if you cant deposit or you dont have a credit card. :f_p:
    • eXtremeACE
      eXtremeACE
      Bronze
      Heh, thanks! I did email support just in case, waiting for reply..

I know, but it's too much of a hassle for me to order/start process of getting my own credit card, and skrill, all that verification and stuff makes me sick.. :/
      If it works why change it. :D

But I will, I have to do it one day anyway :/
    • i5bet72o
      i5bet72o
      Bronze
      In the past I have been asked for

- Driving License
      - Bank Statement
      - Front and Back of Card

I guess it's all random what they ask for. As long as you have an I.D Card of some sort and proof that you exist - everything should be OK.

If you are asked for ID, I am sure they will let you know what exactly you need or will accept what you have.
      bump

Does anyone know how long the verification of your ID takes. I sent in the documents this morning, is it reasonable that they will verify my account some time today?
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hi i5bet,

It usually takes between 12-24 hours but with all the FTP stuff going on (transfers and such) I'm guessing it will take a little bit longer than that and it is also the weekend.

Hopefully it will be done for you soon :)

Kind regards,
      Gary
    • i5bet72o
      i5bet72o
      Bronze
      Hi i5bet,

It usually takes between 12-24 hours but with all the FTP stuff going on (transfers and such) I'm guessing it will take a little bit longer than that and it is also the weekend.

Hopefully it will be done for you soon :)

Kind regards,
      Gary
      Thanks Gary

They confirmed that they verified my ID at around 5:00pm local time and I sent in my documents at around 9:00am so it wasnt too bad for me.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      No worries, that's a pretty good turn around if you ask me :)

Happy grinding!
      Gary