This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Building a 10 dollar bankroll

• Banktewn
      Banktewn
      Bronze
      Having lost some money after joining ladbrokes i decided that it was time to play properly. Deposited 10 bucks into pokerstars and started playing the 1cent/2cent cash games. Eventually i reached around 20 dollars before i moved up a bit and went to the 2/5 cash games.

Been playing those all day yesterday along with a tourny which i didnt place in. Managed to grind up to 51 dollars. playing in a 10 cent / 25 cent game right now.

Starting bankroll: $10
      Current bankroll: $62
  • 11 replies
    • Banktewn
      Banktewn
      Bronze
      someone went all in versus me with a ace pair but i had a flush and won. 62 dollars now :)
    • FlashDavin
      FlashDavin
      Bronze
      You should be careful sir! Even the best players in the world fall to variance. It seems your bankroll management is about 5 buy ins before moving up...and if you really played NL 10c/25c then that's only 2 buy ins. I recommend at least 20 buy ins before moving up unless you're a pro! :s_cool:

Good luck at the table friend.
    • nathanrenard
      nathanrenard
      Bronze
      You know that its more than likely that wont end well right?
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Silver
      i once busted my fulltilt playmoney roll playing with 2 BI BRM :f_biggrin:

it's definitely not to be recommended, even if you have a huuuge edge :D (which i doubt)
    • Banktewn
      Banktewn
      Bronze
      The 10 / 25 was just to get a taste of how people played at that level :P I have left it now and gone back to the 2/5 cent games. I am thinking of playing more than one table at a time soon but not sure if its too early for that still. What do you guys think? Right now i play only one table at a time and it gets quite boring waiting for a premium / decent hand
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Silver
      play zoom! :D

right, that's not for everyone...
      i'd recommend adding one table. use the time when you're not in a hand to take notes
    • Banktewn
      Banktewn
      Bronze
      what exactly is zoom?
    • kruger32
      kruger32
      Bronze
      Take a look at this.
      But be warned once you play zoom you'll never in your life be able to enjoy the Normal games. <shudder>
      http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/zoom/
    • abhi147
      abhi147
      Bronze
      Personally I dont honestly agree with not liking normal if you play zoom, but i do agree lot of people once start playing zoom are more inclined to Zoom and as a beginner it can be very tough
      I only play zoom when i have like a few mins to play

Word of advice though i play NL25 normal but on zoom i move down to NL10
      I think you should also move down 1 limit when you initially start of with Zoom
    • FlashDavin
      FlashDavin
      Bronze
      Zoom definitely has better/more nitty players because it's so simple to get a new hand. This means you won't see guys with 70 VPIP (or very rare anyways) like you might at a normal table. I think the normal tables are easier to make money at but I just love zoom. I only play 2 zoom tables at a time though because it's like 3 normal tables. I recommend you play 2 normal tables at NL 2/5 so you don't get too bored and take notes about how the people at your table play so you can make profits later.
    • booomm
      booomm
      Bronze
      I don't think you should be playing any stake above nl2 (1/2c) until you reach at least 10k hands or have at least 150$ bankroll. variance can get you anytime with an agressive bankroll management.