Building a 10 dollar bankroll

• Banktewn
      Banktewn
      Bronze
      Having lost some money after joining ladbrokes i decided that it was time to play properly. Deposited 10 bucks into pokerstars and started playing the 1cent/2cent cash games. Eventually i reached around 20 dollars before i moved up a bit and went to the 2/5 cash games.

Been playing those all day yesterday along with a tourny which i didnt place in. Managed to grind up to 51 dollars. playing in a 10 cent / 25 cent game right now.

Starting bankroll: $10
      Current bankroll: $62
  • 11 replies
    • Banktewn
      Banktewn
      Bronze
      someone went all in versus me with a ace pair but i had a flush and won. 62 dollars now :)
    • FlashDavin
      FlashDavin
      Bronze
      You should be careful sir! Even the best players in the world fall to variance. It seems your bankroll management is about 5 buy ins before moving up...and if you really played NL 10c/25c then that's only 2 buy ins. I recommend at least 20 buy ins before moving up unless you're a pro! :s_cool:

Good luck at the table friend.
    • nathanrenard
      nathanrenard
      Bronze
      You know that its more than likely that wont end well right?
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      i once busted my fulltilt playmoney roll playing with 2 BI BRM :f_biggrin:

it's definitely not to be recommended, even if you have a huuuge edge :D (which i doubt)
    • Banktewn
      Banktewn
      Bronze
      The 10 / 25 was just to get a taste of how people played at that level :P I have left it now and gone back to the 2/5 cent games. I am thinking of playing more than one table at a time soon but not sure if its too early for that still. What do you guys think? Right now i play only one table at a time and it gets quite boring waiting for a premium / decent hand
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      play zoom! :D

right, that's not for everyone...
      i'd recommend adding one table. use the time when you're not in a hand to take notes
    • Banktewn
      Banktewn
      Bronze
      what exactly is zoom?
    • kruger32
      kruger32
      Bronze
      Take a look at this.
      But be warned once you play zoom you'll never in your life be able to enjoy the Normal games. <shudder>
      http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/zoom/
    • abhi147
      abhi147
      Bronze
      Personally I dont honestly agree with not liking normal if you play zoom, but i do agree lot of people once start playing zoom are more inclined to Zoom and as a beginner it can be very tough
      I only play zoom when i have like a few mins to play

Word of advice though i play NL25 normal but on zoom i move down to NL10
      I think you should also move down 1 limit when you initially start of with Zoom
    • FlashDavin
      FlashDavin
      Bronze
      Zoom definitely has better/more nitty players because it's so simple to get a new hand. This means you won't see guys with 70 VPIP (or very rare anyways) like you might at a normal table. I think the normal tables are easier to make money at but I just love zoom. I only play 2 zoom tables at a time though because it's like 3 normal tables. I recommend you play 2 normal tables at NL 2/5 so you don't get too bored and take notes about how the people at your table play so you can make profits later.
    • booomm
      booomm
      Bronze
      I don't think you should be playing any stake above nl2 (1/2c) until you reach at least 10k hands or have at least 150$ bankroll. variance can get you anytime with an agressive bankroll management.