This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] Fish check/raising flop

• maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Bronze
      Just a few hands ago I fired all streets with AA and he called down with KT and had a K pair so I suppose he won't think I'm bluffing.

Poker Stars, $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players

MP: $28.99 (116 bb)
      CO: $55.88 (223.5 bb)
      BTN: $18.46 (73.8 bb)
      SB: $23.56 (94.2 bb) 77/23/1.2/15.4/37/65 Agg Freq 31% Raise flop C-Bet 30%(20) Check/Raise Flop 27%(11)
      BB: $25.91 (103.6 bb)
      Hero (UTG): $48.02 (192.1 bb)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K K
      Hero raises to $1, 3 folds, SB calls $0.90, BB folds

Flop: ($2.25) J 7 4 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1.50, SB raises to $3, Hero calls $1.50

Him having a two pair here is tough but possible. He could also have sets. But again the way he is looks like he could also raise a hand like AJ or KJ. So I decide to call and use my position on the later streets. If he checks turn I'll pop a decent sized bet. Oh and he could also have a flush draw ofcourse. Plus he min raises so I don't see a lot of confidence and it could be a Jx hand however I see no point in 3-Betting and getting it in here.

Turn: ($8.25) 8 (2 players)
      SB bets $3.50, Hero calls $3.50

Weak bet again and I lean more towards putting him on a hand like KJ or AJ or even QJ. I decide to call and call a weak river bet too.

River: ($15.25) J (2 players)
      SB bets $16.06 and is all-in, Hero folds

Crap. Now I think its just obvious he had a Jx hand all along.

So should I have called his raise on the flop or did I play this hand right?
  • 2 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

there are a lot of Jx hands and also draws that he may also now c/r for value or semibluff, but if you want to see first what he is doing on the turn then b/c flop is fine to then get away on bad turn card.
      Since his turn bet is quite small I would raise for value and call shove. He should bet more his two pair hands, so likely he is having there draw or sometimes Jx.

I would likely call river, since I don´t think they are shoving for value that spots mostly Jx, but rather his missed draws.

best regards,
    • maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      Hi,

there are a lot of Jx hands and also draws that he may also now c/r for value or semibluff, but if you want to see first what he is doing on the turn then b/c flop is fine to then get away on bad turn card.
      Since his turn bet is quite small I would raise for value and call shove. He should bet more his two pair hands, so likely he is having there draw or sometimes Jx.

I would likely call river, since I don´t think they are shoving for value that spots mostly Jx, but rather his missed draws.

best regards,
      I like the idea of raising the turn but won't calling the river be spewing money. He bet the turn weak and when the second J turned up he shoved. He doesn't seem that aggressive with an AF of 1.2.