[NL20-NL50] Fish check/raising flop

• maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Gold
      Just a few hands ago I fired all streets with AA and he called down with KT and had a K pair so I suppose he won't think I'm bluffing.

Poker Stars, $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players

MP: $28.99 (116 bb)
      CO: $55.88 (223.5 bb)
      BTN: $18.46 (73.8 bb)
      SB: $23.56 (94.2 bb) 77/23/1.2/15.4/37/65 Agg Freq 31% Raise flop C-Bet 30%(20) Check/Raise Flop 27%(11)
      BB: $25.91 (103.6 bb)
      Hero (UTG): $48.02 (192.1 bb)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K K
      Hero raises to $1, 3 folds, SB calls $0.90, BB folds

Flop: ($2.25) J 7 4 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1.50, SB raises to $3, Hero calls $1.50

Him having a two pair here is tough but possible. He could also have sets. But again the way he is looks like he could also raise a hand like AJ or KJ. So I decide to call and use my position on the later streets. If he checks turn I'll pop a decent sized bet. Oh and he could also have a flush draw ofcourse. Plus he min raises so I don't see a lot of confidence and it could be a Jx hand however I see no point in 3-Betting and getting it in here.

Turn: ($8.25) 8 (2 players)
      SB bets $3.50, Hero calls $3.50

Weak bet again and I lean more towards putting him on a hand like KJ or AJ or even QJ. I decide to call and call a weak river bet too.

River: ($15.25) J (2 players)
      SB bets $16.06 and is all-in, Hero folds

Crap. Now I think its just obvious he had a Jx hand all along.

So should I have called his raise on the flop or did I play this hand right?
  • 2 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

there are a lot of Jx hands and also draws that he may also now c/r for value or semibluff, but if you want to see first what he is doing on the turn then b/c flop is fine to then get away on bad turn card.
      Since his turn bet is quite small I would raise for value and call shove. He should bet more his two pair hands, so likely he is having there draw or sometimes Jx.

I would likely call river, since I don´t think they are shoving for value that spots mostly Jx, but rather his missed draws.

best regards,
    • maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Gold
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      Hi,

there are a lot of Jx hands and also draws that he may also now c/r for value or semibluff, but if you want to see first what he is doing on the turn then b/c flop is fine to then get away on bad turn card.
      Since his turn bet is quite small I would raise for value and call shove. He should bet more his two pair hands, so likely he is having there draw or sometimes Jx.

I would likely call river, since I don´t think they are shoving for value that spots mostly Jx, but rather his missed draws.

best regards,
      I like the idea of raising the turn but won't calling the river be spewing money. He bet the turn weak and when the second J turned up he shoved. He doesn't seem that aggressive with an AF of 1.2.