This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] Missed value with AA?

• hackbinder
      hackbinder
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.1/$0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:
      SB:
      $50.63
      BB:
      $26.38
      MP3:
      $21.24
      CO (Hero):
      $25.00
      BU:
      $20.24

Preflop: Hero is CO with A, A.
      MP3 calls $0.25, Hero raises to $1.00, 3 folds, MP3 calls $0.75.

Flop: ($2.35) K, 6, 7 (2 players)
      MP3 bets $0.50, Hero raises to $3.00

I have no reliable stats on this player.

What does a raise so early do? I did it to price out any draws, but I think what it did was encourage a fold from someone holding a small to mid pair that didn't connect for a set. Does a set donk here? I don't think so. His bet led me to believe a draw but I don't think I want a draw to fold just yet, but I think a better spot to raise would have been the turn because he might bet again or call a small value bet if he is holding a 88 or A7 or something like that. Thoughts?
  • 2 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

he either has there air that he is going to fold or some kind of pp that he would likely call, so making it 3$ is fine. I would generally raise flop 2.5$ to balance out times when I´m raising there air or my draws.

best regards,
    • maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Bronze
      Originally posted by hackbinder
      I did it to price out any draws, but I think what it did was encourage a fold from someone holding a small to mid pair that didn't connect for a set.
      You need to protect your hand on the flop which is why you raise as simple as that I don't think slowplaying and bother about keeping worse hands or draws in the pot would be the good thing to do.