CO: $37.15
      BTN: $7.07
      SB: $25.00
      BB: $8.75
      Hero (UTG): $30.45
      MP: $21.14

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is UTG with J :spade: A :heart:
      Hero raises to $0.75, MP calls $0.75, 2 folds, SB calls $0.65, 1 fold

Flop: ($2.50) 6 :club: K :spade: K :diamond: (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1.50, MP calls $1.50, SB folds

Turn: ($5.50) A :spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP checks

River: ($5.50) 4 :heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $3.25, MP raises to $7.49, Hero calls $4.24

Pre pretty standard and flop pretty standrad c-bet

OTT when i hit the ace im not sure i can get value from hands that called OTF say, 77-QQ so my plan here was to cc and reevaluate on river. When he checks back turn i think he never has a K here or if he did he played it poorly, missing out on value. so i decide to fire the river in case he decided to float some kind of Ax hand OTF. now he raises me. And he isnt really repping much here imo.

I think he would go for a valuebet with Kx hands on the turn, and since my line isnt very credible. betiing flop, c turn and leading river i think he might turn some hands into a bluff here. And since he makes it so very small i decide to call.

Good bad?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello RainbowPonny,

Turn: Depends a lot on the opponent here either to 2nd barrel it or not. If we see him being an aggressive guy then why not even to turn our hand into bluff-catcher vs him. With specific dynamics vs reg type of players it might be even better to 2nd barrel it cause that's what we would have done with bluff.
      River: Although I am not a huge fan of calling it down here. Cause of course it wouldn't make sense him to Check behind the turn but at the same time it wouldn't make sense him to Raise the river if he just could have Bet the turn to gain fold equity. Therefore could easily be even a slowplayed hand which just sees weakness in your Check on the turn. Only reason why I would consider calling down here is to catch a note on the guy.

Neither wouldn't make sense to Check the river cause he is Checking behind weaker PPs which sometimes may even hero-call vs us.

Best Regards.