Super turbo sngs

• Puciek
      Puciek
      Bronze
      Anyone tried them ? They are damn insane i just tried one (and finished in first place, 15xbuy in == thanks) but i'm not going to do it again. With those blinds, it's really damn random.
      Or are there any strategies for them ?
      And tell me what do you think about them? I think its ok to play from time to time coz of that intense play (opppsite to most cash games where it is pretty boring from time to time).
  • 14 replies
    • midgetjay
      midgetjay
      Bronze
      No, I haven't tried a Super Turbo Sit and Go, but I always play the Turbo Sit and Gos. I actually prefer the Turbo SnGs to regular old cash games, I do a lot better at them. Compared to most other poker players on this site I'm still a beginner, but my late tourny/high blind strategy is pretty sharp! :D

Stealing blinds near the bubble are invaluable in SnGs -- well at least for me. If I'm on the button or the cutoff, and everyone else has folded to me, I'll give it a shot... close my eyes, and hope that I hear the swishing sound of the blinds folding their cards!
    • ManniXXX
      ManniXXX
      Bronze
      1 min blinds right? Crapshoot imo.
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Silver
      i've grinded superturbo heads up before. but i would never play 6-max/9-max superturbo SNG :P
    • arvydkot
      arvydkot
      Bronze
      And why not?
    • s1ndr0me
      s1ndr0me
      Bronze
      I've played a bunch of the 280fpp 6 MAX hyper tubo sat's to the sunday 1/2 million on stars. first two places get a ticket to the tourny or T$12 third gets to retry. 1 min blinds and 500 starting chips. ICM heaven. I had 1500ish fpps so played them all out and got T$48 for my troubles. quite a good alternative to rakeback if you play the micros at stars.
    • mishkagg
      mishkagg
      Bronze
      I've played like 9 of them and I've got 200% ROI. Not going to play them again. The gods of super turbos might get angry on me.
    • z4tz
      z4tz
      Bronze
      I know sidewalker grinded the superturbo sngs with very good results a while ago. It's all ICM but yes you need to play quite a bit of tables.
    • MaCe90
      MaCe90
      Bronze
      Ask miszkokvo for superturbo's. I think he grinded'em like crazy in his beginnings. I mean, the superturbo's should have pretty high variance -> greater risks. BUT , there's plenty of fish there, which could bring some nice profits, because even if they're superturbo's, you have to choose your pushing spots and fishes just push , without thinking, at all.
    • HannesNL
      HannesNL
      Bronze
      I played a bunch of them yesterday, I have a smell edge, but variance is huge.

EV was like +3 buy-ins, total score was -8 buy-ins in only 30 games.
    • GunFlavoured
      GunFlavoured
      Bronze
      Super turbos are soo soft, especially at low limits. Above $15 the regs make them almost unbeatable, you can turn quite a profit from rakeback alone but I guess it depends what you want out of poker. The 45 man tourneys are the way to go, easy enough to make a huge ROI. All you need to do is know your ICM fairly well and get some lube ready for when the nasty side of variance shows up.
    • mishkagg
      mishkagg
      Bronze
      Yeah I heard about the 45 people ROI of 40 is reachable.
    • GunFlavoured
      GunFlavoured
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mishkagg
      Yeah I heard about the 45 people ROI of 40 is reachable.
      Mate of mine is sitting at about 50% after a reasonable sample size. I'm at 85% only after 10 tracked games though lol.
    • elekadammate
      elekadammate
      Silver
      i regulary play these games actually on $15 with 4-7 ROI (2500 SNG sample).

there are maximum 5 regulars who have 6-8% ROI the other regulars have -1 - 2% on average and of course there are soso much losing player. IMO the limit is beatable. The variance is very big, but you can play double or triple more SNGs than normal...
    • richard1817
      richard1817
      Bronze
      I am beating the $7.50's at 8-9% roi 1.6k sample. 6max. Definetly beatable. Nice rakeback because I can play 100-200sngs a day easily within 3-5hours. try that with turbos or regs and its almost impossible unless your called boku and even then you'll only attain a 8-9% roi anyway.