$1.50
      UTG2:
      $2.50
      MP1:
      $4.12
      MP2 (Hero):
      $3.66

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A, T.
      2 folds, MP1 raises to $0.07, Hero raises to $0.12, 3 folds, SB calls $0.11, BB raises to $0.14, MP1 calls $0.07, Hero calls $0.02, SB calls $0.02.

Flop: ($0.56) K, A, 6 (3 players)
      SB checks, MP1 checks, Hero bets $0.26, SB folds, MP1 folds.

Turn: ($0.82) 8 (2 players)

River: ($0.82) J (2 players)

Final Pot: $0.82.

Hi i'm quite new to online poker, and would appreciate some feed back.
      I'd played about 20 hands on this table before this one, I thought I had a read on MP1 (low pair 22-77) as he was calling a lot and showing cards (when losing hands heads up) with low pairs.
  • 3 replies
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Hi Tim

after 20 hands it is really hard find out a player's playing tendency especially as far restricting hand range especially at low level where a fish for example will have very very wide hand range

if you aare going to 3bet pre make it bigger never min 3bet as you dont achieve anything

ie if you 3bet for value you want to get value and therefore you want villain to pay!

if you bluff you want villain to fold and he will almost never fold to a min raise

on the flop, what are your thoughts for betting? value or bluff? I dont think you are getting any better to fold, but are you getting value from much worse?

I guess worse Ax will pay but if you put him on low pp will he call your bet especially 3 way... any read on SB?
    • timtek
      timtek
      Bronze
      hi thazar,
      My idea post flop was to represent better than a pair of AA and get heads up with the all in bb.

My thoughts behind this where if he's all in pre flop, and post flop i'm holding top pair, if i can get heads up with him I should win as he was playing lose and more than likely to have gone in with a pair.

The sb i didn't try to read, not enough info, but post flop he checked so i thought i would bet about 50% of the pot, if he raised i would fold, else try for the heads up.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello timtek,

Welcome to the English NL Hand Evaluation Forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future. I hope that with our help you can improve your play and as well move up the limits. We will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

If you are quiet new to poker then try starting reading PokerStrategy articles they will help you a long. How to play specific hands -> try downloading the chart. It seems that you are right now Basic but try to get either the starting capital or maybe even play tracked on some site. :) It's worth all the content which PokerStrategy gives out and of course free Hand evaluations for all your hands.

Preflop: Don't 3bet this way, you ain't achieving much with such a play. If you plan to 3bet then rather do it normally. Vs MP1 stack while being so deep we could even consider calling and playing postflop rather than 3betting. If you don't know much around postflop and might overplay top pair then maybe even safer to just fold from so early position.

As played
      Postflop: Should still Bet a bit bigger ~$0,40 even to protect your hand, we don't want him to get cheap odds for a draw like flushdraw.

Best Regards.