This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

PokerStrategy Equilator Hand range

• Talic
      Talic
      Bronze
      What's the worst preflop hand? Everyone will tell you 72o (I only hope thats true)

look at the difference in range 95,48%-96,38%

When you are playing "better" 96,38% of 100% you arent playing only 62o,52o,42o,32o.

Does it mean that 72o IS NOT the worst preflop hand?
  • 8 replies
    • helemaalnicks
      helemaalnicks
      Bronze
      indeed, HU 32o is def. the worse hand, and I think the same thing is true for sh.
    • Talic
      Talic
      Bronze
      Originally posted by helemaalnicks
      indeed, HU 32o is def. the worse hand, and I think the same thing is true for sh.
      and in FR is the worst hand 72o?
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      Those hands %s are based on values against a random hand I believe. And against a random hand 72o is better than 32o.
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      it's just the least playable hand, since it's the lowest hand that has no straight or flush draws
    • Talic
      Talic
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Yoghi
      Those hands %s are based on values against a random hand I believe. And against a random hand 72o is better than 32o.
      All in All, another hands like T9s,98s,87s,76s,65s and so on are in the Equilator hand range "valuated" very low

for example I would rather play T9s than K4s, am I right?
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      It depends. In a preflop all-in situation is K4o slightly better then 9ts. If you have postflop action, it´s different, because you can fold if you did not get a draw or a pair. So the playability of 9ts is better.

Best regards,
      TribunCaesar
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TribunCaesar
      It depends. In a preflop all-in situation is K4o slightly better then 9ts. If you have postflop action, it´s different, because you can fold if you did not get a draw or a pair. So the playability of 9ts is better.
      but remember: K4o is better than T9s, when comparing equity against a random hand.. but if you're comparing equity against a more reasonable calling range late in a tournament, like Ax+, K8s+, KTo+, etc., then T9s will be far far better.
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by chenny8888
      Originally posted by TribunCaesar
      but remember: K4o is better than T9s, when comparing equity against a random hand.. but if you're comparing equity against a more reasonable calling range late in a tournament, like Ax+, K8s+, KTo+, etc., then T9s will be far far better.
      [x] agree ^^