PokerStrategy Equilator Hand range

• Talic
      Talic
      Bronze
      What's the worst preflop hand? Everyone will tell you 72o (I only hope thats true)

look at the difference in range 95,48%-96,38%

When you are playing "better" 96,38% of 100% you arent playing only 62o,52o,42o,32o.

Does it mean that 72o IS NOT the worst preflop hand?
  • 8 replies
    • helemaalnicks
      helemaalnicks
      Bronze
      indeed, HU 32o is def. the worse hand, and I think the same thing is true for sh.
    • Talic
      Talic
      Bronze
      Originally posted by helemaalnicks
      indeed, HU 32o is def. the worse hand, and I think the same thing is true for sh.
      and in FR is the worst hand 72o?
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      Those hands %s are based on values against a random hand I believe. And against a random hand 72o is better than 32o.
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      it's just the least playable hand, since it's the lowest hand that has no straight or flush draws
    • Talic
      Talic
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Yoghi
      Those hands %s are based on values against a random hand I believe. And against a random hand 72o is better than 32o.
      All in All, another hands like T9s,98s,87s,76s,65s and so on are in the Equilator hand range "valuated" very low

for example I would rather play T9s than K4s, am I right?
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      It depends. In a preflop all-in situation is K4o slightly better then 9ts. If you have postflop action, it´s different, because you can fold if you did not get a draw or a pair. So the playability of 9ts is better.

Best regards,
      TribunCaesar
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TribunCaesar
      It depends. In a preflop all-in situation is K4o slightly better then 9ts. If you have postflop action, it´s different, because you can fold if you did not get a draw or a pair. So the playability of 9ts is better.
      but remember: K4o is better than T9s, when comparing equity against a random hand.. but if you're comparing equity against a more reasonable calling range late in a tournament, like Ax+, K8s+, KTo+, etc., then T9s will be far far better.
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by chenny8888
      Originally posted by TribunCaesar
      but remember: K4o is better than T9s, when comparing equity against a random hand.. but if you're comparing equity against a more reasonable calling range late in a tournament, like Ax+, K8s+, KTo+, etc., then T9s will be far far better.
      [x] agree ^^