BTN wins $9.16

16/14 3bet 5, AF 1.

flop and turn bet bigger i guess?
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello xoshix33,

Bet the flop bigger and also Bet the turn bigger to protect your hand. :) He has enough of Qx hands in his range on the turn which may also have the FD in the hand. Your sizing just induces bluffs.

Best Regards.
    • bradomurder
      bradomurder
      Bronze
      if it's a reg (by stats he looks like one) should you consider balancing your sizing cos if you miss that board I imagine the cbet would be around that size?

also, can you call turn and draw to a FH with pretty good implied odds? and if the river is blank he might check back a Qx :heart: anyway
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      if it's a reg (by stats he looks like one) should you consider balancing your sizing cos if you miss that board I imagine the cbet would be around that size?

I would still CB the flop bigger side cause I would assume he is still calling if I'd bet like $1,60 if he has any kind of made hand/draw. Which I would also do usually with bluffs as well if I am against a REG cause making it small on drawy board just represent rather a weakness. Right now it's like 60% CB which gets almost always a raise from aggressive regish player.

also, can you call turn and draw to a FH with pretty good implied odds? and if the river is blank he might check back a Qx

Doubt that he has there a lot of Qx hands while he is even passive. Any Qx+FD is calling the turn rather than raising. What's problem with the implied odds is that you can't sure how often you getting paid. We don't have the position and if he is a REG we can't be sure if he even bets the river when the board pairs and as well we can't be sure if he can't have some kind of better set. With specific information how the guy pays then of course we could talk about implied odds.

Neither no information on the guy cause 16/14 isn't really a good player and I would assume we have only like 50 hands maybe on him without any sample.