[NL2-NL10] NL 5 Zoom- Is this a hero call?

• FlashDavin
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.05(BB) Replayer
      SB ($5.46)
      Hero ($9.63)
      UTG ($5.07)
      UTG+1 ($2.80)
      UTG+2 ($3.31)
      MP1 ($4.83)
      MP2 ($2.38)
      CO ($5)
      BTN ($12.18)

Dealt to Hero Q:diamond: Q:club:

fold, fold, UTG+2 calls $0.05, fold, MP2 calls $0.05, fold, BTN raises to $0.10, fold, Hero raises to $0.40, fold, fold, BTN calls $0.30

FLOP ($0.92) 8:heart: 7:diamond: A:club:

Hero bets $0.50, BTN calls $0.50

TURN ($1.92) 8:heart: 7:diamond: A:club: 5:diamond:

Hero checks, BTN bets $0.50, Hero calls $0.50

RIVER ($2.92) 8:heart: 7:diamond: A:club: 5:diamond: T:club:

Hero checks, BTN bets $1, Hero calls $1

BTN shows T:heart: 9:club:
      (Pre 16%, Flop 34.2%, Turn 18.2%)

Hero shows Q:diamond: Q:club:
      (Pre 84%, Flop 65.8%, Turn 81.8%)

Hero wins $4.72

Villain is 25 WTSD 25 W$SD (Goes to SD with weak hands often)
      40 VPIP and 20 PFR 3.2 aggression factor

Preflop- I raise it up to 40c so that I can isolate one player.

Flop- I c-bet as villain folds to c-bet 60% of the time.

Turn- I check with the intention of folding to a large bet. He makes a fishy raise size 1/4 pot so I call with the intention of folding to a 2/3 bet or larger on the river. Otherwise, I want to see a cheap showdown.

River- I stopped, and thought of what hand would play this way and concluded villain probably doesn't player a monster or a strong ace (or else it is played horribly). I thought what draws play this way and concluded villain holds 56, T9 or a weak ace. I reasoned that villain may make a smallish raise if they hit the 10 at the end to try to get weak pairs to call. Therefore, I make the call to get information about how villain plays for notes and also because I believe I am ahead.

I'm just wondering if this is poor play or if you think I am reasonable in my thought process.
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello FlashDavin,

Well, not that many worse hands Call you on the flop, I might turn my hand into bluff-catcher already there to let him bluff with worse than CB and turn then my hand into bluff-catcher where he has enough of Ax hands in his range and we can't be that often ahead unless he makes really small bets.

We can't exclude from his range either there Ax hands just cause he bets small, he could just invite you come along with weaker hands. :) Tries to trap. So was mainly dependent on the villain there you are against either to hero-call or not.

Best Regards.