[NL20-NL50] NL25 - AJ, made good hand OTR and still fold.

    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Joined: 27.12.2010 Posts: 14,640
      Vs villain who looks pretty good, TAGgy.
      18/15/5 on 220 hands.
      call 17% in sb (3b 0% sofar)


      HISTORY:

      Saw him play a hand last orbit where he 3bet AK and hit two pair on the flop and played it really fast. Also bet pretty large each street vs decend player. He bet very quick too. And this is also what happend in the next hand when he played vs me.

      __
      I think he mostly has PP's or suited broadways there. When he raises the flop he offcourse can have sets but also a lot of bluffs with overs ... I call.
      Turn I pick up NFD so have easy call I guess, aggro players can barrel here but give up river a lot. Only his betsize + snapbet looks very strong to me, well that's good when I hit my flush -> implieds.

      But now I hit trips top kicker and he snapbets again very big. Because of the history above and he repping sets or nothing I just folded.

      Really dunno :P

      Poker Stars $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 1754333
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

      BB: $12.50
      UTG: $28.73
      MP: $37.64
      Hero (CO): $39.63
      BTN: $12.88
      SB: $50.04

      Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is CO with J :club: A :club:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.75, 1 fold, SB calls $0.65, 1 fold

      Flop: ($1.75) 6 :club: 7 :heart: J :spade: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1.25, SB raises to $3.25, Hero calls $2

      Turn: ($8.25) 9 :club: (2 players)
      SB bets $5.51, Hero calls $5.51

      River: ($19.27) J :diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $12.88, Hero folds

      Final Pot: $19.27
      SB wins $18.40
      (Rake: $0.87)
  • 7 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Joined: 20.07.2008 Posts: 65,504
      Hello Farmarchist,

      Nah, I still don't like the Call there, most likely I'd just Bet/Fold the flop. There is not much information about his Check/Raise or anything. We are also deep.

      I mean if you calling the flop then what did it change by river? You beating the same hands and I would assume he is 3barreling with any Jx.

      Best Regards.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Joined: 27.12.2010 Posts: 14,640
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello Farmarchist,

      Nah, I still don't like the Call there, most likely I'd just Bet/Fold the flop. There is not much information about his Check/Raise or anything. We are also deep.

      I mean if you calling the flop then what did it change by river? You beating the same hands and I would assume he is 3barreling with any Jx.

      Best Regards.
      So you would fold the flop? To me it seems like he isn't repping a lot with a ch/r there. Of course he can have a set but not many oppo's will ch/r flop with it.

      The thing that changed from flop to river is that the total of bluffcombo's drastically reduced.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Joined: 20.07.2008 Posts: 65,504
      Why not? I would for example rather Check/Raise the flop than go for Check/Raise the turn where it's pretty obvious that you have a set. For exactly that reason I am also doing Check/Raise on the since a lot of players may think like you think that doesn't make sense for him to raise.

      Also if you didn't assume he is doing it with set on the flop then why lay down on the river? Not many draws got there.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Joined: 27.12.2010 Posts: 14,640
      Originally posted by veriz
      Also if you didn't assume he is doing it with set on the flop then why lay down on the river? Not many draws got there.
      As I said: There are more bluffcombo's in his floprange than in his turnrange, and there are more bluffcombo's in his turnrange than in his riverrange. Just because people sometimes bluff 1 street and give up, othere 2 streets and just a few 3 streets. This villain seemed aggro so far but maybe I hadn't a representative sample? Alltough 220 hands is not nothing.

      Also it would be good for him to ch/r a set on the flop with the assumption that I think a set will mostly raise the turn. But I still think it doesn't happen too often.

      Hope you see me point. And please correct if wrong, I'm here to learn :) . Hopefully I don't tilt you with this discussion :P
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Joined: 20.07.2008 Posts: 65,504
      Nopes, you don't tilt me at all. I might sometimes have an aggressive writing but don't take it as I would rush into you and telling you are very bad or anything. Any discussions are welcome and I am glad to talk about them.

      That's true that he has a lot of less bluff-combos in his range but I am pretty sure that the guy could still even continue with weaker Jx hands on the river, that's the problem. He might think you just have an overpair which you are never folding to his Bet.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Joined: 27.12.2010 Posts: 14,640
      Originally posted by veriz
      Nopes, you don't tilt me at all. I might sometimes have an aggressive writing but don't take it as I would rush into you and telling you are very bad or anything. Any discussions are welcome and I am glad to talk about them.

      That's true that he has a lot of less bluff-combos in his range but I am pretty sure that the guy could still even continue with weaker Jx hands on the river, that's the problem. He might think you just have an overpair which you are never folding to his Bet.
      Allright cool :D . I'm glad you agree with bluff-combo's...

      Now that you say he can bet river with a weak jack, shouldn't we call flop, turn and river?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Joined: 20.07.2008 Posts: 65,504
      Now that you say he can bet river with a weak jack, shouldn't we call flop, turn and river?

      Not really cause I would assume such a tight player rather Check/Call with weaker Jx. :P I was mainly talking afterwards actions which you picked and what kind of range you did put him on.