This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

The LUCKIEST hand I have EVER played

• DalTXColtsFan
      DalTXColtsFan
      Basic
      Hi all, first time poster here. I don't have any friends who care about poker as much as I do so my only opportunity to TELL people stuff is on forums :) .

Check out this hand I just played - is it POSSIBLE to get any luckier?

Come on poker players, how can ANYONE play a hand like this and not want to run out and tell people? :) .

Cake - $0.50 NL (9 max) - Holdem - 7 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

CO: $28.38
      BTN: $78.28
      Hero (SB): $95.71
      BB: $19.80
      UTG: $62.06
      UTG+1: $50.00
      MP: $47.50

Hero posts SB $0.25, BB posts BB $0.50

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero has A:diamond: Q:heart:

UTG raises to $1.00, fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $3.00, fold, UTG calls $2.00

Flop: ($6.50, 2 players) Q:club: A:club: A:heart:
      Hero checks, UTG checks

Turn: ($6.50, 2 players) 2:club:
      Hero bets $3.25, UTG raises to $6.50, Hero raises to $92.71 and is all-in, UTG calls $52.56 and is all-in

River: ($124.62, 2 players) K:club:

Hero shows A:diamond: Q:heart: (Full House, Aces full of Queens) (Pre 31%, Flop 100%, Turn 100%)
      UTG shows Q:diamond: Q:spade: (Full House, Queens full of Aces) (Pre 69%, Flop 0%, Turn 0%)
      Hero wins $121.62
  • 4 replies
    • maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Bronze
      Nice hand, reminds me off that first hand in a certain WSOP main event where Sammy Farah hit a fullhouse with AT on a AAT flop and the other guy had TT. Sucks to be on the toher side, feels great to be the won winning it. :)
    • lmbr1
      lmbr1
      Bronze
      Do you have reads that UTG is really loose? I'm not playing at NL50 but not sure if 3-betting here is standard :P
    • DalTXColtsFan
      DalTXColtsFan
      Basic
      Originally posted by lmbr1
      Do you have reads that UTG is really loose? I'm not playing at NL50 but not sure if 3-betting here is standard :P
      She was neither loose nor tight (holy COW did that sound bad! :) good thing we're on a poker forum!). Personally, to me a 2bb minraise is not really a raise - it's a limp. I will almost always (ESPECIALLY when I'm in position) 3-bet JJ+, AQos or AKos to 6bb when a villian minraises to 2bb, and I consider that a raise, not a 3-bet.

Quite frankly I'm surprised she just called with queens - maybe she was concerned because I had position on her?
    • Jezterscap
      Jezterscap
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DalTXColtsFan
      Originally posted by lmbr1
      She was neither loose nor tight (holy COW did that sound bad! :) good thing we're on a poker forum!). Personally, to me a 2bb minraise is not really a raise - it's a limp. I will almost always (ESPECIALLY when I'm in position) 3-bet JJ+, AQos or AKos to 6bb when a villian minraises to 2bb, and I consider that a raise, not a 3-bet.

Quite frankly I'm surprised she just called with queens - maybe she was concerned because I had position on her?
      I usually min raise aa kk utg.
      She put you on ak or kk.