[NL20-NL50] [SH] NL 25 88 OOP questioning opponents play

• DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

CO: $26 (104 bb)
      BTN: $19.98 (79.9 bb)
      Hero (SB): $32.20 (128.8 bb)
      BB: $25 (100 bb)
      UTG: $13.45 (53.8 bb)
      MP: $29.49 (118 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8:club: 8:spade:
      2 folds, CO raises to $0.75, BTN folds, Hero calls $0.65, BB folds

Flop: ($1.75) 2:diamond: Q:spade: K:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $1.24, Hero raises to $4.10, CO calls $2.86

Turn: ($9.95) 6:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks

River: ($9.95) 5:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $21.15 and is all-in, Hero folds

On the flop I'm just turning my pair into a bluff as I usually use this kind of hands to construct myself a x/r bluff range as well. Plan wold be to continue on some draw completing cards and A.

Turned blanked and I gave up.

The question here is about villains play. I only knew about him that he played lots of tables.

I'd personally like to do this in his spot with all my busted draws as my range(SB) looks exactly like it's very weak and just gave up on the hand and can't possibly call.

I know that some will say that you get the same with a 7$ bet but as I think that villain is just folding you create some image for future overbets this way and also keep your opponent away from hero-calling with some random pair.

Giving these considerations would you overbet bluff in villains shoes here?

Ofc I think that I can't possibly hero call here vs him as I have no idea how he plays atm but I'm exploring the hand a little bit more here.
  • 2 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello DeMarcohsp,

Well, depends a lot on the opponent here and on your image. If you have been Check/Raising a lot then I doubt that you even have much fold equity, he might even Call you down with Qx and obviously Kx. If we assume him opening a lot of hands, CBetting a lot of his range and at the same time have enough of fold equity then sure why not.

Only problem here is that this is one of the worst boards to Check/Raise cause so many hands will continue and we are repping very narrow range.

Giving these considerations would you overbet bluff in villains shoes here?

I don't really know what he is doing. :D Seems like a bluff, his play just wouldn't make sense to Check the turn.

Best Regards.
    • DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      Indeed, turn is the street to stab at the pot, overlooked that :facepalm:

Point taken about x/r 2 broadway type boards with air, will resume to the one broadway ones :) .