Mtt

• Vito992
      Vito992
      Bronze
      If you've got AKs, a player from early position raises 4BB, you 3-bet him. After you, someone goes all-in, and the earlypostion calls. The stakes are about the same. Would you call or fold, and why? (It's about an MTT, early stage)

Stakes: 2500
      Blinds: 10/20
  • 14 replies
    • brobz
      brobz
      Bronze
      -what position 4 bet shoves? did you 3x his 4 bb? you should try adding a bit more info, stats as well would be useful

does the person who shoves have everyone covered? if he is short and early position jus called and we have enough chips, by this point the odds are there so you could call to see a flop

if the player behind you is 4 bet shoving a stack thats close to you and EP calls your most likely up against two PP and just fold because your behind and its early so why take the risk

oui?

hope it helped, from the info you gave im pretty sure its standard fold because your behind and you have no fold equity anymore

if the two players r donk idiots then probably get it all in
    • Vito992
      Vito992
      Bronze
      The stacks of all of us were about 2500, it was the 3rd hand in the MTT

player 1: under the gun position --> raises to 80
      me: re-raise to 240
      button: all-in 2500
      player 1: calls

pot: 'about 5200

I know, i had the odds about 2,2 to 1. Without having any information about the other players, did I make a good call, or not?
    • brobz
      brobz
      Bronze
      In my opinion no, however some people wiill tell you never fold AKs in low buy ins tournies

Here I am folding because it is only 3rd hand I have no reads and Ill be shoving a drawing hand blind

The power of AKs preflop is it's fold equity, when both players are putting their stacks in there is no more fold equity, after the flop most cases its just A high

Third hand fold wait for better spots
    • Vito992
      Vito992
      Bronze
      Thank you, so I see where is my mistake.

Btw, their hands:

player 1: AQo
      Button: TT

So I lost..
    • brobz
      brobz
      Bronze
      shitty deals, player 1 is a donk... too bad button didnt have TT you woulda got it in AKs vS AQo

we lose we learn
    • Asaban
      Asaban
      I would call it all day long in low Buyin MTT's since most player don't know what they are doing. Especially in the first hands. I think we are in front against the ranges and also blocking AA and KK - the only hands we don't want to see.

Regards,
      Asaban
    • brobz
      brobz
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Asaban
      I would call it all day long in low Buyin MTT's since most player don't know what they are doing. Especially in the first hands. I think we are in front against the ranges and also blocking AA and KK - the only hands we don't want to see.

Regards,
      Asaban

^^ this guy is the shit lol
    • brobz
      brobz
      Bronze

Regards,
      Asaban
      do we really want to take flips early on though? we want to see 22-QQ?
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      Originally posted by brobz

Regards,
      Asaban
      do we really want to take flips early on though? we want to see 22-QQ?
      What flips are you talking about. The guy showed up with AQ, your way ahead of that. The other one had TT but he could also overvalue AJ or KQ and your miles ahead. Point being micro tourney are filled with random donks that do random stupid things.

And why not take flips early on. You play to win not to mincash for a few bucks. You have to accumulate chips at some point so why not at hand #3 with a great chance to tripple up.

At least thats how i do it. Ill load up pretty much all the MTTs from 3-11$ and stack em on the top right corner and just gamble it up hoping to get a good stack in 1 or 2 of then and have the bigger games tiled around.
    • brobz
      brobz
      Bronze
      my bad man, i forgot theres 3 ppl in the hand thats why i was more pro fold in this situation against 3 ppl

I totally agreee that low buy ins are filled with people who dont even care but how can we be sure these opponents r them, do we just always assume players r bad?

I have always leaned away from gambling early in tournies b/c I thought its wrong to take chances like that, you want to chip up early but not shove flips i duno, in this case its not a flip though, are we still talking about putting in AKs against 3 ppl just b/c its low buy in?
    • Wohmfg
      Wohmfg
      Silver
      Originally posted by brobz
      my bad man, i forgot theres 3 ppl in the hand thats why i was more pro fold in this situation against 3 ppl

I totally agreee that low buy ins are filled with people who dont even care but how can we be sure these opponents r them, do we just always assume players r bad?

I have always leaned away from gambling early in tournies b/c I thought its wrong to take chances like that, you want to chip up early but not shove flips i duno, in this case its not a flip though, are we still talking about putting in AKs against 3 ppl just b/c its low buy in?
      YES!

I've got into way more trouble assuming people know how to blind steal or assuming people are playing TAG (when in fact they are just raising QQ first in from BU or are betting aggressively with middle pair) than assuming people are bad. At the micro/low limits I just assume everyone is terrible and are a losing player until I have specific reads, or suspicions and then I'll watch them more closely for reads. Because 90% of the players at those limits don't know what they're doing so you're going to be right more often than not.
    • brobz
      brobz
      Bronze
      Ok ok sounds right lol
    • SiDeRiEv
      SiDeRiEv
      Bronze
      I call everyday on this spot !!
    • crashyy
      crashyy
      Bronze
      Im calling and getting it in