[NL20-NL50] NL20 AK 3b pot OOP!

• Rogbey
      I have a lot of hands on Villain and he plays 27/24 with a 43% Fldt3b, he opens UTG 25% of hands. What sort of range should I be giving him here? Is this the type of flop that I should be Cbetting and if so should I be Cbetting most brick turn cards also?

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.20(BB) Replayer
      SB ($31.28)
      Hero ($34.81)
      UTG ($20.30)
      CO ($22.80)
      BTN ($11.31)

Dealt to Hero A:heart: K:club:

UTG raises to $0.70, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $2.20, UTG calls $1.50

FLOP ($4.50) 9:heart: 8:diamond: 4:club:

Hero checks, UTG checks

TURN ($4.50) 9:heart: 8:diamond: 4:club: 8:spade:

Hero checks, UTG bets $1.60, Hero calls $1.60

RIVER ($7.70) 9:heart: 8:diamond: 4:club: 8:spade: 2:spade:

Hero checks, UTG bets $6, Hero folds

UTG wins $7.32
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello Rogbey,

Preflop: Not a huge fan of 3betting for value while we are going to play OOP. Of course it's not wrong cause he opens so many hands and doesn't fold to 3bets at all but it will be tough for us to play OOP. You could easily just Call and play in smaller pot. If you are secure in your postflop play even being OOP and know around him postflop then sure -> go for 3bet-value.

As played
      Postflop: Yeah, this even happens. You made a 3bet value preflop but don't CB the flop while you could easily be ahead even against his range. Would be also useful to understand what's his fold to CB and WTSD and etc stats. Wouldn't really make sense always to 3bet preflop and then hope that you hit and if you don't then Check/Fold right away, going to lose money in long run and a lot.

Best Regards.