5 players

Stacks:
      UTG tennnno ($5.68)
      CO Andrew ($2.24)
      BTN actysa ($3.13)
      SB IcarkYouAA ($3.10)
      BB 1bluffU3veryT1me ($2.14)

Pre-Flop: ($0.03, 5 players) Andrew is CO Q:heart: Q:club:
      1 fold, Andrew raises to $0.06, 2 folds, 1bluffU3veryT1me raises to $0.19, Andrew calls $0.13

Flop: 4:heart: 10:club: 8:diamond: ($0.37, 2 players)
      1bluffU3veryT1me bets $0.29, Andrew calls $0.29

Turn: 4:club: ($0.95, 2 players)
      1bluffU3veryT1me bets $0.72, Andrew calls $0.72

River: 8:heart: ($2.39, 2 players)
      1bluffU3veryT1me bets $0.94, Andrew calls $0.94

Final Pot: $4.27
      1bluffU3veryT1me shows
      J:spade: J:heart:
      Andrew shows
      Q:heart: Q:club:

Villain : 26/19 with 7% 3bet
      I guess I played bad?
  • 4 replies
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      nah not really while he seems to 3bet wide.

i'd most often 4bet/get it in but if you think he's going to fold his weaker hands to a 4bet this may even be the best way to play it, also you have position on him.
    • Andreiuk
      Andreiuk
      Bronze
      Thanks! I will now ask you a fish question but only by asking I can improve my game... :f_cool:

You said that you would 4bet allin there? Is this +EV? You will only get called by AA,KK and the worst case AK which is flip.

7% 3bet means 88+ AJs+ AQo+ KJs+, right?
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      first let me say that i'm just a hand evaluation forum regular :f_biggrin: a professional judge will also comment on this later.
      in any case, this place is the nuts :f_p:

Originally posted by Andreiuk
      You said that you would 4bet allin there?
      i mean just make a normal 4bet :f_biggrin:
      "normal 4bet" would be something like 50 cents here i guess.

Originally posted by Andreiuk
      Is this +EV? You will only get called by AA,KK and the worst case AK which is flip.
      well, yes that is the question. is his continuing range really only made of these hands? that is not always the case, and probably not vs guy who 3bets like that.
      still if you see it being that way then sure, no reason to 4bet, just keep his dominated hands in play while you also have position.

that's another point of 4betting "only" 50 cents - if he's 3bet/folding a lot, you can start 4betbluffing him. that's not something i do very often though :f_biggrin:
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Andreiuk,

Welcome to the English NL Hand Evaluation Forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future. I hope that with our help you can improve your play and as well move up the limits. We will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

On those stakes and while it's a 6max table + you are from CO and he is on the blinds + having not the smallest 3bet rather get it in by which I mean 4bet it preflop. You are just allowing him to hit some overcards which we obviously don't want to. :)

Best Regards.