MP1 Player4 ($3.68)
      MP2 Player5 ($2.68)
      MP3 William340 ($4)
      CO Player7 ($4.44)
      BTN Player8 ($3.01)
      SB Player9 ($6.20)
      BB Player1 ($4.10)

Pre-Flop: ($0.06, 9 players) William340 is MP3 K:heart: K:diamond:
      Player2 calls $0.04, Player3 calls $0.04, 2 folds, William340 raises to $0.20, 4 folds, Player2 calls $0.16, Player3 calls $0.16

Flop: 5:heart: 5:spade: Q:club: ($0.66, 3 players)
      Player2 checks, Player3 checks, William340 bets $0.44, Player2 folds, Player3 folds and shows Q:diamond:

Final Pot: $0.66

William340 wins $1.51 (net +$0.87)

Player2 lost $0.20
      Player3 lost $0.20

after the hand, a few people at the table lol'd and said AA
      I certainly would have played AA the same pre-flop, but not as fast post-flop.
      if it was heads up, I might not have bet so big on the Flop.
      I guess I gave up a lot of value not enticing Player 3 to draw to his 5 outer?

what do you think about my pre-flop & flop bet sizing?
  • 6 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello William340,

Preflop: Could raise it even bigger $0,24 vs 2 limpers. 4xBB + 1xBB per limper.
      Postflop: Not much to comment. Seems to be pretty standard but maybe you just had a tight image on the table? But I don't really get how he folds Qx. :D What does he try to hit with his hand if he doesn't even continue with Qx.

Best Regards.
    • Homelie
      Homelie
      Bronze
      i think this was played correctly from your side, the thing is, i just dont like to slowplay on flops like these because i would always c-bet also if i dont hit, or dont have overpair, so i dont know, maybe its better on these limits to check the flopp and then hope for calling them the turn with Qx or even some PP, but if they give up the top pair on this flop just beacuse you raised preflop their limps, its a good thing, because you can win a lot just with c-betting...

and as veriz said, its really a mystery what they want to hit, if they like to fold with top pair on flop where anyone would probably cbet + if they continue only with 2pairs or better, is this situation so common that they can call your raise and the fold on flop in any different case,not mentioning the queestion if if you will be able to pay them of,when they finally hit, hmmm i dont think so :)
    • William340
      William340
      Bronze
      I'm not sure if he had a suited Q in his hand, but it could not have been KQs, as I had that K.
      QJs or maybe QTs?
      any AQ laydown would be pretty big there.
      I have a lot of hands with him (relative to other players in my database) and he seems to be one of the better players I encounter, at least as far as I can tell.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by William340
      I'm not sure if he had a suited Q in his hand, but it could not have been KQs, as I had that K.
      QJs or maybe QTs?
      any AQ laydown would be pretty big there.
      I have a lot of hands with him (relative to other players in my database) and he seems to be one of the better players I encounter, at least as far as I can tell.
      Oh well, just leave it, don't make yourself tilt cause he folded it.
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello William340,

Preflop: Could raise it even bigger $0,24 vs 2 limpers. 4xBB + 1xBB per limper.
      Postflop: Not much to comment. Seems to be pretty standard but maybe you just had a tight image on the table? But I don't really get how he folds Qx. :D What does he try to hit with his hand if he doesn't even continue with Qx.

Best Regards.
      Veriz, is my thinking wrong?

FLOP: You can't bluff here: no AA, and no three-of-a-kind is going to fold
      It's even hard to bet for value. Only an Qx would call, but in most of the cases they missed the flop pretty hard.
      My question: wouldn't it be better to check behind, to a)induce bluffs b)maybe they are going to call with less than Qx on the turn, e.g. mp?

You get more value out of your hand in that way.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Way too many loose guys in the pot, I would assume if they have any Qx they are going to Call me down. If not they ain't going to pay much anyways. By Betting the flop I am also securing that I will get their stacks by river which I wont when I'd Check behind and start betting on the turn.