$20.38
      CO:
      $22.67
      BU:
      $27.07
      SB:
      $22.55

Preflop: Hero is BB with 3, 2.
      2 folds, BU raises to $0.75, SB folds, Hero raises to $2.50, BU calls $1.75.

Flop: ($5.1) K, 9, Q (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU checks.

Turn: ($5.1) 4 (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.50, BU calls $2.50.

River: ($10.1) 2 (2 players)
      Hero bets $5.25, BU calls $5.25.

Final Pot: $20.6.

So its the beginning of the match I 3b pre to see how this guy reacts to 3-bets essentially.

He calls and i give him the range of TT+ and AK,AQ,KQ Since he is a uknown i cant really discount AA and KK altho vs a unknown he will prob 4b them.

So i decide not to c-bet this flop AK,AQ,KQ have hit AQ can take one barrel on this board, JJ and TT will prob check back. So i check and he checks

Im now not really thinking he has a hand like TP or 2pair since he'd generally want to protect them on this board. So im putting him on a range of AQ,JJ,TT

therefore i go ahead and fire 2 barrels here since i think just one wont do the job, also i believe even the club OTT might be scary for say AK.
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello RainbowPonny,

Rather don't 3bet those hands if you don't have a great postflop plan. Those hands are not the greatest to do so and rather for the first unknown opponent I'd rather pick such hands as something like QT or whatsoever which could also hit postflop.

As played doesn't make sense to play this way at all, you rarely have much fold equity on the turn -> Check/Fold right there and nor doesn't make 2nd barreling, he is rarely folding any pairs vs your weak Check line on the flop.

Best Regards.