$9.10
      SB:
      $39.06
      BB (Hero):
      $26.96
      MP2:
      $15.25

Preflop: Hero is BB with A, K.
      2 folds, CO raises to $0.75, BU calls $0.75, SB folds, Hero raises to $3.25, CO folds, BU calls $2.50.

Flop: ($7.35) Q, 6, 2 (2 players)
      Hero bets $5.75, BU raises to $5.85(All-In), Hero calls $0.10.

Turn: ($19.05) J (2 players)

River: ($19.05) 4 (2 players)

Final Pot: $19.05.

So basically vs a shortstack with AK is to 3bet a bit big to make him have a bit less then a PSB OTF so i can shove every flop. since generally i think SS calling range is mid strenght and their shove is polarized. So basically if i hit i dominate him and if i shove and he has nothing he basically have to fold.

Is this a viable strategy?
  • 2 replies
    • spadek
      spadek
      Bronze
      I apply the same in various spots although I would always squeeze that big OOP to 2 players. I don't think that a midstacker who puts 30% of his stack in preflop calling big raises really knows what he's doing and therefore his range is far too wide including like every broadway combo and all the small pocket pairs and maybe even some pretty hands like T9s :D . When you get called you are a dog however against his whole range I think you have ~50% equity which would be enough to make shoving +ev.

Edit: Of course if he has shown big pockets and seems to be a trapper I would just c/f.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello RainbowPonny,

As long we have some backdoors and also even maybe working overcards and maybe even the best hand seems to be totally fine vs his stack. Nice hand!

Only thing I'd do myself is that I'd 3bet bigger preflop. :)

Best Regards.