Waiting for Blind even if your SSS stack is over 25BB

• Jagter
      Jagter
      Bronze
      Hi

Lets say I'm playing a SSS according the the strategy presented by PS.com
      I've won a hand is and my stack is on more than 25BB. It means I should leave the table according the the SSS.

Is there any harm in waiting for the Big blind to come to my right before I leave the table? i.e I can get a few free hands, and maybe get AA or something.

Thanks
  • 14 replies
    • frzl
      frzl
      Bronze
      you should definately wait until you have to post the bb again.
      but you should adjust your range a bit. you can call a bit looser with pocket pairs (e.g.) because your implied odds are higher (depends on your stack size) but you should be very careful with hands like AJ, AQ or 99-JJ.
      if you don´t really feel comfortable to play with the bigger stack you can reduce your handrange to KK+AA
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      I would definaitly wait until you are UTG.

as a comment to frzl's post:
      The whole idea of playing looser with pocket pairs is all well and good, but beginners seem to find it hard to fold pocket pairs post flop, if they dont hit.

If your a beginner and are not experianced in BSS I would keep your hand range the exact same. Due to the fact you wont be experianced in post flop play.
    • punta
      punta
      Bronze
      I am THAT begginer and I wait for the BB - I ONLY play AA KK and fold the rest. I have hit AA once and ended up all in with 25bb and won :) Now that was a nice result

GL
    • drachdudek
      drachdudek
      Bronze
      Yesterday i had AA with 26BB on NL100...wth...i played and went all-in preflop called by KK...and guess what he hit...:) :( ...so i propose better as beginner went of the table with 25BB whatever position you are.... :D
    • punta
      punta
      Bronze
      Originally posted by drachdudek
      Yesterday i had AA with 26BB on NL100...wth...i played and went all-in preflop called by KK...and guess what he hit...:) :( ...so i propose better as beginner went of the table with 25BB whatever position you are.... :D
      Bad luck - but i feel so guilty if I win a hand then sit out - no wonder every one HATES short stacks X(
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      drachdudek. You say that he shouldn't play on, because he might hit a bad beat? So he shouldn't play by the odds?

Stick to playing until UTG, but only premium hands I say. In some cases you might be missing out on 6-7 free hands if you leave. If you hit AA in them free hands you could double up against a BS. Makes sense in my eyes.

Im sure in helemaalnick's project he wouldn't leave UTG.
    • Puciek
      Puciek
      Bronze
      I'm staying till utg too, but i play only AA/KK or QQ vs someone i know is bluffing. Doubled my stack couple times :D
    • Jagter
      Jagter
      Bronze
      Thank you all for the responses.

It seems the general consensus is to wait until you are UTG before leaving the table. I'll give it a go this weekend.
    • punta
      punta
      Bronze
      Now this is a hand i wish i had left the table straight away X(

Party Poker
      No Limit Holdem Ring game
      Blinds: $0.05/$0.10
      8 players
      Converter

Pre-flop: (8 players) Hero is Button with A A
      3 folds, MP2 calls, CO calls, Hero raises to $0.4, SB folds, BB calls, MP2 calls, CO calls.

Flop: 7 J T ($1.65, 4 players AAAAAAAAAAAARH)
      BB checks, MP2 checks, CO checks, Hero bets $0.7, 2 folds, CO calls.

Turn: 2 ($3.05, 2 players)
      CO checks, Hero checks. NOT SURE WHY I DIDNT WADE IN - probably trying to protect me dosh

River: A ($3.05, 2 players)
      CO bets $1.5, Hero raises to $2.94, CO calls.

Results:
      Final pot: $8.93
      CO shows Qh Ks
      Hero doesn't show Ah Ad

The ace on the river was a killer :( double buy in lost - but I have doubled up more than once playing AA KK when I should of left - so it was a poor call, but seeing AAA on the river my eyes lit up - didnt give a 2nd thought for villian :) - but next time will be different - its all a learning curve aint it :)
    • Puciek
      Puciek
      Bronze
      If you would push on the turn then you would prolly be fine :P
      Bad luck happends.
    • Puciek
      Puciek
      Bronze
      And this is where it pays off :D

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.49 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K:diamond: , K:spade:
      3 folds, MP1 raises to $0,30, MP2 folds, Hero raises to $1,20, 4 folds, MP1 raises to $2,73 (All-In), Hero calls $1,53.

Flop: ($5,61) 2:diamond: , 6:heart: , 9:spade:
      Turn: ($5,61) A:heart:
      River: ($5,61) T:spade:

Final Pot: $5,61

Results follow (highlight to see):
      MP1 shows a pair of fives (5d 5s)
      Hero shows a pair of kings (Kd Ks)

Hero wins with a pair of kings (Kd Ks)
    • frzl
      frzl
      Bronze
      @punta:
      raise more preflop, bet more on the flop and go broke with a smile in your face ^^
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      @punta, On the flop you bet 70cent, you've got to fire a pot sized bet IMO here. Get rid of anyone with a straight draw, due to the fact theres 3 hearts. This would leave you $2 to bet the turn, with AA you dont want people drawing cards cheaply.

The flop bet is debatable, I think alot would push the flop, because you hold little fold equity with just $2 left.

I think it you bet pot sized on the flop, you would have took it down there and then.

Just my opinion however!

Stiev
    • Muggs
      Muggs
      Bronze
      Usefull information!