[NL2-NL10] AQo nl2 fr

• ilovemagic
      This ones kind of crazy. I have AQ, theres a fishy opponent sitting across from me, thru 10 hands has wierdly high pfr/vpip, but hasnt been playing like a fish. I kind of play this hand bad in long run, but theres a tight passive player sitting to my right that i need to fold preflop, but im not sure what the other villains preflop 3bet calling range is, so i try and make it small so tight passive player folds to my agression, and i can take on the other villain postflop with a strong hand. That plan goes to shit. Flop is actually not in the tight passive players range too often, and im not sure villain to my left wants to play in the middle. i figure i can get 2 folds with this cbet (which i rarely if ever make a pure bluff cbet). If the tight passive calls i just give up my hand. if the other player calls i give up my hand no matter what hits the turn. He calls and i put him on aa/kk making a crying call on the flop. I decide to c/c if he bets small, and c/f if he bets big. i play this a lot differently if im not putting villain on aa/kk.

PokerStars - $0.02 NL - Holdem - 8 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

UTG+1: $4.98
      MP: $1.33
      MP+1: $1.56
      CO: $2.27
      BTN: $6.04
      SB: $3.84
      Hero (BB): $2.43
      UTG: $0.84

SB posts SB $0.01, Hero posts BB $0.02

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero has A:heart: Q:spade:

fold, fold, fold, MP+1 raises to $0.05, fold, fold, SB calls $0.04, Hero raises to $0.14, MP+1 calls $0.09, SB calls $0.09

Flop: ($0.42, 3 players) 8:diamond: T:heart: 7:heart:
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.20, MP+1 calls $0.20, fold

Turn: ($0.82, 2 players) Q:heart:
      Hero checks, MP+1 checks

River: ($0.82, 2 players) 9:club:
      Hero checks, MP+1 checks

Hero shows A:heart: Q:spade: (One Pair, Queens) (Pre 28%, Flop 20%, Turn 32%)
      MP+1 shows K:spade: K:club: (One Pair, Kings) (Pre 72%, Flop 80%, Turn 68%)
      MP+1 wins $0.79
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello ilovemagic,

Preflop: The 3bet is kind of small here, don't you think while also having a caller in the pot? :)

As played
      Postflop: Check/Fold the flop being in multiway pot, not worth even investing the money.

Best Regards.