This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] AQo nl2 fr disgusting board

• ilovemagic
      ilovemagic
      Bronze
      this hand was a good read by me. I have villain limping utg, he is unknown as well for the most part. this signals ax suited, suited connectors as well as small pairs. I make a standard raise preflop,

I hit my hand on the flop. Problem is the 3 spades. So i make 2/3 pot bet to get some action instead of 3/4. He quickly calls again. Now i know im up against either a set or FD for his thin range to call that flop. Im not worried about him already having a flush though.

Turn is worst possible card for me to bet again. c/f turn. i expect him to pick up on this and bet me out of the pot on the river, but he doesnt, signaling to me he either doesnt have a flush and wants to check down his set, or he has low flush he is willing to fold. But i have a hand with showdown value beyond flushes and sets here. pot still relitivly small, i decide to check behind and just take a peek at his flush. it happens to be what i hoped he didnt have all along, but i played it so well imo. i resisted the option to fire out a scary bluff on the river because i just couldnt put him on a low flush he would fold, no matter what hand i thought of.

PokerStars - $0.02 NL - Holdem - 9 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

MP: $1.65
      Hero (MP+1): $2.73
      LP: $2.23
      CO: $2.45
      BTN: $2.00
      SB: $7.00
      BB: $1.57
      UTG: $2.43
      UTG+1: $2.00

SB posts SB $0.01, BB posts BB $0.02

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero has A:club: Q:diamond:

UTG calls $0.02, fold, MP calls $0.02, Hero raises to $0.12, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, UTG calls $0.10, fold

Flop: ($0.29, 2 players) Q:spade: 8:spade: 3:spade:
      UTG checks, Hero bets $0.22, UTG calls $0.22

Turn: ($0.73, 2 players) 5:spade:
      UTG checks, Hero checks

River: ($0.73, 2 players) 2:spade:
      UTG checks, Hero checks

UTG shows A:spade: T:spade: (Flush, Ace High) (Pre 31%, Flop 98%, Turn 100%)
      Hero mucks A:club: Q:diamond: (Flush, Queen High) (Pre 69%, Flop 2%, Turn 0%)
      UTG wins $0.70
  • 2 replies
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Gold
      your actual hand has no showdown value. the board has it, 4 beats you... ?(

but looks good. i doubt you have a lot of fold equity vs such a player, and if he has something like a set you'll split anyway
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello ilovemagic,

Not much you can do there, I would have played the same way. No point to turn our hand into bluff either cause I doubt that you have much fold equity.

Best Regards.