BB: $25.00
      UTG: $17.25
      MP: $26.37
      CO: $15.46
      BTN: $81.51 (VP 24 / PR 17 / 3B 10)
      Hero (SB): $60.92

Hero posts SB $0.10, BB posts BB $0.25

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.35) Hero has K:heart: K:spade:

fold, fold, CO raises to $0.50, BTN raises to $2.25, Hero raises to $6.70, fold, fold, BTN raises to $16.25, Hero raises to $60.92 and is all-in, BTN calls $44.67

Flop: ($122.59, 2 players) Q:club: 2:diamond: 3:diamond:

Turn: ($122.59, 2 players) 8:club:

River: ($122.59, 2 players) 9:spade:

I am really not used to playing so deep on this low limit, so I think I have trouble overplaying hands. Considering the positions, I assumed ranges to be a little bit looser at least.

Do you think his bigger than usual 3bet and his big 5bet size give something away? Do you always go broke here?

If I think people on this limit are too nitty pre-flop, and I can't go 4bet/broke, I guess I should just flat his 3bet and play it out post-flop?

/Max
  • 4 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello awishformore,

That's the problem with those 4bets spots here, especially when you are so deep you might rarely even see people going broke with a lot worse, just maybe Call for set mining with JJ/QQ. Also if you didn't have crazy image on the table then it's even more likely that they only ship with strong range as KK+.

Therefore might be even safer option to just flat vs the 3bet and keep weaker hands also in the play and maybe even let CO to shove with worse and then come over the top.

Best Regards.
    • CallumN
      CallumN
      Bronze
      I think I just sigh get it in. With his 5bet sizing I actually feel a bit happier!

I find when people have AA they would 5bet closer to 12-13 here.

Its just one of those things, once we c4b we pretty much have to go with it.
    • awishformore
      awishformore
      Bronze
      My experience is that they raise bigger when they are strong in most cases. At least that's what I found to be the case on NL25SH on stars.

I also think that his range is KK+ here, unless there is some history or specific reads, which I didn't have. I thus think it's quite spewy to go broke?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by awishformore
      My experience is that they raise bigger when they are strong in most cases. At least that's what I found to be the case on NL25SH on stars.

I also think that his range is KK+ here, unless there is some history or specific reads, which I didn't have. I thus think it's quite spewy to go broke?
      Neither did they know you nor did you know that much about him, at least I do agree with you. He has to be spewing here to go broke for almost 250BB or just a maniac.

If villain raises to $12-13 then we are even getting the set-mine odds with our KK. Vs $12 raise it's like 13:1 -> we almost always get paid here when hit our set.