Purity
      Silver
      Button rututko ($6.96)
      SB Soba4ko ($4.97)
      BB schwedet ($2)
      UTG Hero ($10.25)
      UTG+1 kohn0 ($4.94)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q :diamond: A :diamond:
      Hero raises to 0.16, 1 fold, rututko raises to 0.28, 2 folds, Hero calls 0.12.

Flop (0.62) A :club: 2 :heart: 2 :club:
      Hero checks, rututko bets 0.20, Hero raises to 0.60, rututko raises to 0.80, Hero calls 0.40.

Turn (2.62) J :spade:
      Hero checks, rututko bets 1.08, Hero calls 1.08.

River (4.78) 8 :club:
      Hero checks, rututko checks

This is one of those situations which gives me a headache. I totally don't know were I'm at in the hand. Several thoughts going through my mind, I could be behind against AA,AK and I could have a KK,AJ or weaker hands beat.

I decide to check the flop since I don't want to get raised and come before a difficult decision. But then villain makes a really low bet and I'm totally lost. Normally this rather indicates a weak hand, but nonetheless it could also be the nuts crying out for a call. So do I want to simply call the low bet and go for pot controll? In this situation i'm searching for something in between value betting and pot controll. So I decide to add a small raise on the flop.
      One card I didnt want to see on the flop a J, but there it goes. Again a rather small bet from villain, should he have made a potsized bet I most likely would have folded since that J was a scare card for me ( maybe it was also a scare card for him, hence the low betsize on turn, don't know).

On the river the possible flush stops any further betting to my satisfaction since Im probably behind.

How to play in a situation like this?
  • 2 replies
    • zhorzh
      zhorzh
      Bronze
      IMO you should have 4-bet villan on the flop and call a push...something around $2.5
      You are ahead against a big part of villain's range and must protect your hand.

Not sure though...lets see what judges have to say
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      You have to consider that it is 3-bet pot pf.
      So I also like re-raise his small bet opn the turn and would also call his min-raise and 1/2 bet on the turn.
      He might do that with AK, but also with AT and lower aces. You don´t tneed to play stacks at this point. Nh.