Pre Flop: (pot: $0.35) Hero has T:diamond: J:diamond:

fold, BTN raises to $0.75, Hero calls $0.65, fold

Flop: ($1.75, 2 players) 8:spade: A:diamond: 9:heart:
      Hero checks, BTN bets $1.25, Hero raises to $4.16, BTN calls $2.91

Turn: ($10.07, 2 players) 2:club:
      Hero bets $5.88, BTN calls $5.88

River: ($21.83, 2 players) 4:club:
      Hero bets $17.72, BTN calls $15.00 and is all-in

As it is BU vs SB, I am thinking that he is not often on an ace, so the flop raise should be very OK. So street by street, my questions are...

Flop: Can I actually raise strong aces here for value? What would he call with? If no, does that mean I only raise with sets/straights?

Turn: Would you continue your aggression here? I think I have to decide on the turn whether I am going with the hand or not, as I will be representing a set. Is that ever worth it? What if I check, I just have to fold to the bet?

River: At this point, it's absolutely clear I am trying to sell a set. Do you think a typical NL25 reg will be able to fold AK here for instance? Ever? If he decides to call the turn? Or can you actually just give up?

What's your default plan in this spot on a dry board against an ABC player?
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello awishformore,

As long the guy Calls you down on the flop & turn I doubt that you going to have much fold equity while we don't even know the opponent. Of course his BTN range is wide but I would assume him giving up earlier his hand already on the turn if he really has a weak Ax.

If reg calls till river I guess he is also planning to call it down there as well some draws even missed. Would be important to take a look at his WTSD/W$SD.

Best Regards.
    • awishformore
      awishformore
      Bronze
      So what about your line here? When would you call? When would you raise? Would you ever fold?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by awishformore
      So what about your line here? When would you call? When would you raise? Would you ever fold?
      I still like the line till turn but I'd give it up on the river. Maybe a bit bigger Bet on the turn but it ain't a huge mistake.