[NL20-NL50] SH50 - TPGK vs flop raise

• chocular77
      Known players:

0,25/0,5 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.106 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

BU seems very aggressive postflop

Preflop: Hero is CO with K:diamond: , J:diamond:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $1,50, BU calls $1,50, 2 folds.

Flop: ($3,75) J:club: , T:diamond: , 4:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $2,5, BU raises to $5,75, Hero calls $3,25.

He can't have much draws so i went for pot control and planned to c/c him down to keep in his bluffs.

Turn: ($15,25) 8:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $11, Hero raises to $42,00 (All-In), BU folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back (All-In).

My hand got better then just a bluffcatcher and i c/r to protect myself against a 9x.
      He can still call with a weaker Jx, other draws and if he is ahead i have 9 outs for my fdraw.
      With this i thought i can get more money than with a Potsized donk on turn where he will fold a lot.

Final Pot: $37,25
  • 2 replies
    • CallumN
      i went for pot control and planned to c/c him down to keep in his bluffs.

Stick with this plan. Check shoving the turn is bad imo as it lets him play close to perfectly. His outs are no significantly reduced considering we turned a FD so if he does have something like KQ/AQ/AK/89 he has 9 outs at best.

For this reason i c/c turn a decide OTR
    • veriz
      Hello chocular77,

Totally agree, no point to Check/Shove the turn, of course our hand is strong but you are just kicking out his bluffs and let him continue with very strong range against our equity isn't going to be that good.

Best Regards.