0.5/1 FR - The hardest limit there is

• CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      Topic name is kinda joke, but hell! :)

I just can't break even at 0.5/1. Don't know whats the problem, though.
      This was my third attempt at this limit. I am winning player at 0.25/0.5 and I have no problem reaching 300-350$ for next limit.
      At the moment at 0.25/0.5 in 1200 hands I again made 45$, which is cca. 15BB/100. Ok I now it's not realistic :) , but anyway, I don't have problems with this low limits until 0.5/1.

I play FR.
      I don't remember how many hands I played, but I had ~-1.2BB/100 and I lost ~120$. So I guess ~10000 hands. Enough to realize, I'm not ready for that limit :)

I was thinking to move to SH 0.5/1 instead of FR. There are only few FR tables at Party, so maybe SH would be fishier. Of course I'd need BR of 500$.
  • 40 replies
    • frzl
      frzl
      Bronze
      i like the sh thought
      but don´t switch directly from 0,25/0,50fr to 0,5/1sh... play 0,25/0,5sh. maybe at stars or something.

now the standard answer:
      - 0,5/1 is full of fishes and easy to beat
      - just play more hands
      - stick to the brm
      - keep reading articles, watching videos, listening to postings and posting hands (!)
      - don´t get desperate

:) :)
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      Originally posted by frzl
      i like the sh thought
      but don´t switch directly from 0,25/0,50fr to 0,5/1sh... play 0,25/0,5sh. maybe at stars or something.
      I'm not really keen of moving to another site :/ Well, if that's the only way...

- 0,5/1 is full of fishes and easy to beat
      Maybe, but on Party there are only 6-8 FR tables. Usually even less.

- just play more hands
      I played a lot of hands :P Look at my registration date :D
      I made 2 cashouts. They were of course a mistake, but anyway... I guess I'd have bigger BR ATM, if there were no cahs outs... :P

- stick to the brm
      Of course.

- keep reading articles, watching videos, listening to postings and posting hands (!)
      Doing.

- don´t get desperate
      Never. I'm to stubborn. :)

:) :)
      :D
    • Dippy19
      Dippy19
      Bronze
      Originally posted by CoreySteel
      I was thinking to move to SH 0.5/1 instead of FR. There are only few FR tables at Party, so maybe SH would be fishier. Of course I'd need BR of 500$.
      If there are too few tables then you should think about moving to stars. There are enough tables there(especially in the evening) and it's easier to find a fishy table, mostly because it shows both the average players per flop and average pot.

If you are interested in my proposal from the other thread and the only problem is you don't use skype, maybe we could communicate in some other way, MSN?

Anyway let me know.
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      Well... I guess I'll really move to pokerstars...
      I heard just good things about it. And I like that VIP Shop too :D
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      Great... Now I can't register to Stars because apparently, I already have an account there. Which I don't have...
      Let's see what support can do about this :)
    • frzl
      frzl
      Bronze
      sucks to be you ;)
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      lol...
      Well it's not so bad at all :P
      These things are just little obstacles on my marvelous poker career :)
      I guess Poker(Strategy)God is testing me, if I'm willing to do everything, to become successful :D
    • frzl
      frzl
      Bronze
      sounds like a plan..

btw: i guess you don´t have pokertracker yet, do you ? ^^
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      No I don't have. Maybe I got the license, but I don't know where it is.
      I was using Poker Office and now I'm using PokerStrategy Elephant. Need 500 more points for license.

Why?
    • frzl
      frzl
      Bronze
      well i don´t know the other programs but with pokertracker it would be absolutely no problem to review, copy, convert and post the handhistory after you have finished your session using ftr.com or something.
      how many lifetime pokerstrategy points do you have ? i think you should have pt already :)

we are quite off topic btw :D
    • PokerHammer
      PokerHammer
      Bronze
      Great... Now I can't register to Stars because apparently, I already have an account there. Which I don't have...
      Did you ever have a play money account? I think that could be the problem if you did.
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      well i don´t know the other programs but with pokertracker it would be absolutely no problem to review, copy, convert and post the handhistory after you have finished your session using ftr.com or something.
      how many lifetime pokerstrategy points do you have ? i think you should have pt already :)

we are quite off topic btw :D
      Lifetime StrategyPoints: 4 394
      There were no problem posting hands until elephant 0.47 :) I'll just wait for an update.

Originally posted by PokerHammer
      Did you ever have a play money account? I think that could be the problem if you did.
      Like I said. I've never registered to PokerStars before.
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      Originally posted by PokerHammer
      Apparently I have. But I didn't register. Not me personally.
      Too bad. They offer great things and they have lots of tables :(
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      OK and now I hit 300$ mark... Again... This time in 4k hands with ~10BB/100.
      And now I'm in dilemma... Again...

1. Should I keep on playing on Party at 0.25/0.50 FR till death?
      2. Should I try again (fourth time) at 0.50/1.00 FR at Party when I hit ~350$.
      3. Should I go to PokerStars to 0.25/0.50 FR and later 0.25/0.50 SH, but I won't be tracked to PS.com and therefor get no SP points.
      4. Should I go to 0.50/1.00 SH at Party when I hit ~500$?
      5. Any other advice would be appreciated.
    • sismis
      sismis
      Bronze
      I am not FL expert, but i remember that i had problems at that limit too so i switched to NL afterwards. but couple of weeks ago i played some of it for recreational purpose. and i noticed it is not enough you only play your cards but you have to be more opponent oriented. you have to push them around and fight back to overagressive A-high-reraise-river fishes to really punish them.
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      Of course. But it's problem, because on Party there are only 4-6 (maximum 8) FR 0.5/1 tables. Not enough.
      For example. ATM there are 6 tables. 2 of them are Jackpot. Therefor - not many fishes around. They are playing SH tables. More fun :P

I would move to PokerStars in a heartbeat, but my account isn't linked here and that bothers me :evil:

But anyway, I will probably:
      - wait to hit 2000 SP after 1st of April (for elephant)
      - wait to hit 2500 Party/Reward/Loyalty/Whatever/Points to get additional 25$ from PP
      - Withdraw x - 300$ and deposit to PokerStars and wait that someday, I could retrack my account :P

At current limit, I'd need 2 weeks for this.
      And if I play 0.5/1, I'd need something like 3 days for this :P
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Of course. But it's problem, because on Party there are only 4-6 (maximum 8) FR 0.5/1 tables. Not enough.
      For example. ATM there are 6 tables. 2 of them are Jackpot. Therefor - not many fishes around. They are playing SH tables. More fun :P

I would move to PokerStars in a heartbeat, but my account isn't linked here and that bothers me :evil:

But anyway, I will probably:
      - wait to hit 2000 SP after 1st of April (for elephant)
      - wait to hit 2500 Party/Reward/Loyalty/Whatever/Points to get additional 25$ from PP
      - Withdraw x - 300$ and deposit to PokerStars and wait that someday, I could retrack my account :P

At current limit, I'd need 2 weeks for this.
      And if I play 0.5/1, I'd need something like 3 days for this :P
      Beat 0.5/1 at Stars and come back to PP. :D
    • henne007
      henne007
      Bronze
      why don't you go to titan? you have just enough to cleat the hole bonus, plus they have 0,25/0,5 SH.
      there will be fewer tables then on stars i guess but your account will still be retracked.
    • Dippy19
      Dippy19
      Bronze
      Originally posted by henne007
      why don't you go to titan? you have just enough to cleat the hole bonus, plus they have 0,25/0,5 SH.
      there will be fewer tables then on stars i guess but your account will still be retracked.
      God no! I was thinking of going to Titan and did a bit of scouting at the FL tables, at FR 0,5$/1$ it gets really tight.

Originally posted by sismis
      i noticed it is not enough you only play your cards but you have to be more opponent oriented. you have to push them around and fight back to overagressive A-high-reraise-river fishes to really punish them.
      I agree completely, playing less tables and thous concentrating on the opponents more helps a lot.