Sudden move from NL10 to NL25

• Hopey
      Hopey
      Bronze
      I have been playing NL10 on pokerstars and am now beating the game. Yesterday I had a fairly deep run in the SCOOP-02 low event and won $750.

Now that my bankroll is big enough to easily be rolled for NL25, should I move straight up?

What is the difference in standard of play between NL10 and NL25?

Thanks

Hopey
  • 8 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Hi Hopey,

On average, NL25 players will be a bit more aggressive preflop but have about the same postflop level. The key is to not freak out with lots of 4bets and 5bet shoves since although they do bluff more often than at NL10, they don't bluff often enough for you to spazz out! If anyone will do it too much you will notice quickly.

You can post your NL10 stats from LeakBuster here and have a look at them if you want. I'll point out some of the spots you can improve on and if stats look overall solid I say go for NL25!

Regards,
      Manu.
    • Hopey
      Hopey
      Bronze

Are there any other stats you'd like to see?
    • Hopey
      Hopey
      Bronze

Unfortunately the stats are a little distorted due to me playing rush poker (badly).

Hopefully that gives a rough indicaiton though.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Add RFI (UO PFR%) stats as well please.

From what I can see here you need to cbet more often and 3bet some more in BU and blinds, make your 3bet more dynamic since atm it looks very static.

Given these stats you should be a winner at NL25. Of course, postflop and expoliting others is less obvious in stats so you have to make sure you get feedback on your postflop hands by posting in the forums or talking to friends.

The game doesn't change, your goal is still to get max value.
    • booomm
      booomm
      Bronze
      I think youb should be flop cbetting a bit more. I play nl10 too and flop cbetting 70 works for me, but I play on 888 so maybe it is different
    • Hopey
      Hopey
      Bronze
      Gonna read the strategy section on Cbetting to see if I can find some better spots to increase the %.

I think it's probably slightly higher than 43.3% for games that are not zoom. I think I was very passive in the 5000-10000 zoom hands I played, but if you can cbet up to 70% of hands at NL10 then obviously I am being way too passive.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      You can have about 80% cbet and still win at NL10. This doesn't mean it's the best percentage. I think most solid players have aroun 70% like booomm suggested.

To increase your cbet, you can start by cbetting all heads up flops that don't have the following structure (all at the same time):

1. 2 cards of the same suit.
      2. 2 connected cards lower than Q (like JTx)
      3. The 3rd card is between 5 and T and doesn't pair the previous 2.

Basically, the flops I'm referring to are the double suited 589, 678, 6TJ, etc. that will almost always hit your opponents range so you will not get enough folds on.

If it's monotone you can cbet at the same frequency as dryer flops because he will play face up usually.
    • Hopey
      Hopey
      Bronze
      Ok I think the skill difference isn't massive and I should be ok.

I'm $90 down already, but I'm running $140 below ev (got it in pre with AA v AT and QQ and lost and lost with AK on a A5xx4 v some fish who hit a gutshot with 23 on the river when we were all in on the turn). Outrageous :( .