This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] AQs NL4SH - 3b MWP

• muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      Pre: I decided to the EP min raise because I didn't want to play OOP without the initiative in a MWP despite the risk of isolating myself against a stronger range.

I could flat call but then I have to play check/fold mostly.

Flop: Even in a MWP I think this is a really good board texture to cbet on. If we are being conservative I would imagine UTG might raise/call something like 99+ and AJo+ or is that a bit optimistic against an unknown? I'm putting SB on something like KQ+AT+ and 77+

My question here is should I even consider a call here preflop, or is it 3b/fold 100%. Postflop just c/f vs 2 opponents?

So I still think 888 Poker - $0.04 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

SB: $3.16
      Hero (BB): $4.00
      UTG: $1.67
      CO: $2.29
      BTN: $2.14

SB posts SB $0.02, Hero posts BB $0.04

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.06) Hero has A:spade: Q:spade:

UTG raises to $0.08, fold, fold, SB calls $0.06, Hero raises to $0.32, UTG calls $0.24, SB calls $0.24

Flop: ($0.96, 3 players) 6:diamond: 8:spade: K:heart:
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.48, UTG calls $0.48, fold

Turn: ($1.92, 2 players) 3:club:
      Hero checks, UTG bets $0.87, fold

UTG wins $1.83
  • 2 replies
    • Pakichu777
      Pakichu777
      Bronze
      I think 3 betting here is fine, your hand is too strong to make UTG's life easy :)
      At stars, minraising utg is mostly crap unless you get 4bet, so i'm 3 betting for value and folding to a 4bet. (this is 888, unfamiliar with that style though). Stats on utg would be usefull, but because of the minraise i'm assuming he's fishy.

I think c betting here is fine, it's dry and i'm second barreling any card (except for a board pairing card) , utg can't have that great of a hand unless he spiked a set, and KQ (again stats would be usefull). I don't think he'll fold those ofc. But he has a lot of crap going to the turn, most of that he'll fold. I mean he's not folding 99/87/k5s here to one bet, but he'll have a hard time calling turn.
      I'd bet flop bigger here though, otherwise i think stacksizes are awkward. Going to the river you'll have less than halfpot left. If you bet 0.75 you can shove the turn. I hate bluffing calling stations, but not all fishes are calling stations + this board is so dry, i'm repping something, villain has a lot of shit in his range, and i'm not scared being called by a weird draw should he decide this is the time to gamble (tho this isn't important because if villain is ready to gamble, my bluff was horrible :) , but still it helps to have some equity). (Again depending on villain i might c/f turn, stats and gameflow). O yea i'm doing the same vs regs who aren't complete nits (they'd get AK in pre).

I'm curious what the judge thinks, this is a board i'll bluff alot on and it has been working so far! But could just be me being lucky :)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello muel294,

Preflop: Of course 3betting is fine but what's your plan if he 4bets you? Do you plan to Fold or Call?

As played
      Postflop: Don't like the idea of CBetting into 2 opponents, just Check it. Waste of money I'd say if you plan to Check/Fold the turn.

Best Regards.