[NL2-NL10] AQs NL4SH - 3b MWP

• muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      Pre: I decided to the EP min raise because I didn't want to play OOP without the initiative in a MWP despite the risk of isolating myself against a stronger range.

I could flat call but then I have to play check/fold mostly.

Flop: Even in a MWP I think this is a really good board texture to cbet on. If we are being conservative I would imagine UTG might raise/call something like 99+ and AJo+ or is that a bit optimistic against an unknown? I'm putting SB on something like KQ+AT+ and 77+

My question here is should I even consider a call here preflop, or is it 3b/fold 100%. Postflop just c/f vs 2 opponents?

So I still think 888 Poker - $0.04 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

SB: $3.16
      Hero (BB): $4.00
      UTG: $1.67
      CO: $2.29
      BTN: $2.14

SB posts SB $0.02, Hero posts BB $0.04

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.06) Hero has A:spade: Q:spade:

UTG raises to $0.08, fold, fold, SB calls $0.06, Hero raises to $0.32, UTG calls $0.24, SB calls $0.24

Flop: ($0.96, 3 players) 6:diamond: 8:spade: K:heart:
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.48, UTG calls $0.48, fold

Turn: ($1.92, 2 players) 3:club:
      Hero checks, UTG bets $0.87, fold

UTG wins $1.83
  • 2 replies
    • Pakichu777
      Pakichu777
      Bronze
      I think 3 betting here is fine, your hand is too strong to make UTG's life easy :)
      At stars, minraising utg is mostly crap unless you get 4bet, so i'm 3 betting for value and folding to a 4bet. (this is 888, unfamiliar with that style though). Stats on utg would be usefull, but because of the minraise i'm assuming he's fishy.

I think c betting here is fine, it's dry and i'm second barreling any card (except for a board pairing card) , utg can't have that great of a hand unless he spiked a set, and KQ (again stats would be usefull). I don't think he'll fold those ofc. But he has a lot of crap going to the turn, most of that he'll fold. I mean he's not folding 99/87/k5s here to one bet, but he'll have a hard time calling turn.
      I'd bet flop bigger here though, otherwise i think stacksizes are awkward. Going to the river you'll have less than halfpot left. If you bet 0.75 you can shove the turn. I hate bluffing calling stations, but not all fishes are calling stations + this board is so dry, i'm repping something, villain has a lot of shit in his range, and i'm not scared being called by a weird draw should he decide this is the time to gamble (tho this isn't important because if villain is ready to gamble, my bluff was horrible :) , but still it helps to have some equity). (Again depending on villain i might c/f turn, stats and gameflow). O yea i'm doing the same vs regs who aren't complete nits (they'd get AK in pre).

I'm curious what the judge thinks, this is a board i'll bluff alot on and it has been working so far! But could just be me being lucky :)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello muel294,

Preflop: Of course 3betting is fine but what's your plan if he 4bets you? Do you plan to Fold or Call?

As played
      Postflop: Don't like the idea of CBetting into 2 opponents, just Check it. Waste of money I'd say if you plan to Check/Fold the turn.

Best Regards.