Poker Stars, $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players

Hero (BB): $25 (100 bb)
      UTG: $15.07 (60.3 bb)
      MP: $36.45 (145.8 bb)
      CO: $27.52 (110.1 bb)
      BTN: $25 (100 bb)
      SB: $25.45 (101.8 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6:heart: K:heart:
      UTG folds, MP raises to $0.75, 2 folds, SB calls $0.65, Hero raises to $3, MP calls $2.25, SB folds

Flop: ($6.75) 2:spade: 2:heart: A:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $4.08, MP calls $4.08

Turn: ($14.91) K:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $17.92 and is all-in, MP folds

We have fish in the SB.

Poor sizing on my flop bet or maybe not. I think that a TAG player would usually fold anything up to AJ on this board vs a little overshove :f_confused: .

How would you play it? No reads atm of the hand.
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello DeMarcohsp,

Preflop: Don't really like the squeeze when you have a SB there while you ain't really doing the squeeze for value and nor can't make the fishy to fold.

As played
      Postflop: For 3bet I wouldn't say it's a wrong sizing on the flop but rather the question is what we should do on the turn when we get called on the flop. I wouldn't really see him floating with total air there and rather assume him having Ax. Do you think you even have fold equity vs them or what made you play like that.

Would you ever shove Ax on the turn or like AK? Obviously you are never shoving KK/AA.

Best Regards.
    • DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      So you'd expect a bet for value to be like 5-6 on this board so my play is obvious not for value ?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by DeMarcohsp
      So you'd expect a bet for value to be like 5-6 on this board so my play is obvious not for value ?
      Nah, not saying that. If we want to gain maximum fold equity then I don't even mind shipping cause he might even sometimes fold better hands.

But what we could argue about is that I would assume him Checking behind those weaker PPs as JJ/QQ or whatsoever rather than turn into bluff which could be the case. If we are betting like $7 or so we are kind of committed anyways therefore could as well ship it for FE.

But overall it's hard to say what should be the best play here while we don't even know what kind of REG he is if he is capable of floating loose the flop or what kind of image we had on the table.
    • DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      ^^ It might be better to check and play accordingly to the odds he is going to offer us, right? Because we expect to get a free card a good amount of the time.

BTW why do you say that the squeeze pre is bad? I'll get the pot a good amount of the time preflop and if not usually I'm going to end up playing in position vs a fish with a hand that has some potential (high card + :heart: :heart: ), and ofc I'd expect a good amount of FE vs a fish on the flop.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      BTW why do you say that the squeeze pre is bad?

It wouldn't be bad if we had a better hand as for example KJ/KQ or whatsoever cause with them we would at least dominate fish range but we ain't doing it with K6s.