This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL2 FR KQo - turn play, river play?

• AYuraoA
      AYuraoA
      Bronze
      Hi there!

The opponent was 57/9.

I decided not to Cbet flop, because there is nothing scary in there and I was not sure what would I do next.

On the turn I´ve got a draw. I decided to bet to get something into my draw here. Is it appropriate? When I look back, I´m not sure if this was the best play.
      On the river I´m totally not sure what to do.

PokerStars - $0.02 NL (9 max) - Holdem - 9 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

SB: $0.80
      BB: $1.03
      UTG: $4.41
      UTG+1: $2.00
      MP: $2.59
      MP+1: $4.87
      LP: $2.24
      Hero (CO): $0.82
      BTN: $1.96

SB posts SB $0.01, BB posts BB $0.02

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero has Q:club: K:diamond:

UTG calls $0.02, fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.08, fold, fold, fold, UTG calls $0.06

Flop: ($0.19, 2 players) 4:diamond: 3:spade: 6:diamond:
      UTG checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($0.19, 2 players) 5:diamond:
      UTG checks, Hero bets $0.10, UTG calls $0.10

River: ($0.39, 2 players) Q:heart:
      UTG checks, Hero bets $0.22, UTG raises to $0.54, Hero calls $0.32

UTG shows Q:diamond: 3:diamond: (Flush, Queen High) (Pre 27%, Flop 84%, Turn 89%)
      Hero mucks Q:club: K:diamond: (One Pair, Queens) (Pre 73%, Flop 16%, Turn 11%)
      UTG wins $1.42
  • 2 replies
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hello AyuraoA,

If you don't think you can take it down on the Flop, I think you also cannot do it on the Turn so we are either going to bet Turn & Rivers a lot or just give up

As played, I think it is close between valuebetting or checking back. If we valuebet, we have to fold on his check/raise, do you ever think this is a worse hand?

- Gerv
    • AYuraoA
      AYuraoA
      Bronze
      Hi Gerv!

Of course I think i can be worse. My problem is mainly, that I´ve got problem sticking people to certain hand ranges. The problem gets complicated in situation like this where I´m not sure if I really beat enough of his range. I agree this hand is played really strange... I will try to get better:) I promise:)