This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL25SH KK standard(?)

• awishformore
      awishformore
      Bronze
      PokerStars - $0.25 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

UTG: $14.31
      MP: $25.00
      CO: $39.52 (VPP 28 / PFR 23 / WTS 25 / F3B 17)
      BTN: $13.47
      SB: $32.09
      Hero (BB): $37.32

SB posts SB $0.10, Hero posts BB $0.25

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.35) Hero has K:diamond: K:spade:

fold, fold, CO raises to $0.60, fold, fold, Hero raises to $2.10, CO calls $1.50

Flop: ($4.30, 2 players) 3:heart: Q:heart: 6:spade:
      Hero bets $2.87, CO calls $2.87

Turn: ($10.04, 2 players) 5:spade:
      Hero bets $5.87

And one more time the same question: what if he shoves here? I'm starting to think a lot about these spots with good hands pre-flop, but oop on the flop. They seem to get me into a lot of trouble.
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello awishformore,

Being so deep here we have to plan to Bet/Fold cause he was still able to Call preflop for set mining correctly. To avoid that you could also raise it bigger 4x at least.

Best Regards.
    • CallumN
      CallumN
      Bronze
      I agree with veriz, I would be 3betting bigger pre.

I would also bet bigger on the turn, closer to $7-8 as I doubt he folds Qx or fd's to any sizing.

If he over bet shoved here I would break my mouse snap calling, I find their range is weighted heavily towards hearts/spades when they overbet jam.

I think most players raise flop with 33/66 anyway so even if I faced a raise on the turn I would stick it in, He has 6 value combos and 9 at a push plus maybe 2 combos of 56s. There are a tonne of flush draws + spazz cause we are deep to justify sticking it in imo.
    • awishformore
      awishformore
      Bronze
      I agree that I would feel more comfortable playing this sort of hand if I 3bet bigger oop.

However, I'm wondering how that affects my 3betting strategy in general; I don't want to start using an imbalanced 3betting approach against opponents who look like TAGs. I also want to 3bet a lot from the blinds against at least BU, but preferably also CO.

Would you just flat-out recommend to have an imbalanced 3betting size?

Also about snapping the turn, I really don't think they would ever jam something worse on this limit. How familiar are you with NL25SH on stars? If you tell me you talk from experience, I will try to explore these spots a bit more, but it seems that the tendencies are very passive in these pots and big aggression seems to always be really strong.
    • CallumN
      CallumN
      Bronze
      You are right, I can not talk from experience of stars, but I can say that i have played at least 5 million hands ranging from nl20-nl1k on Ipoker/Microgaming. I would definitely say that a majority of the time I have faced a turn shove here it has been a draw more often then it is a hand that beats KK.

In regards to 3bet sizing, we are not advising to 3bet bigger because we have a big hand, but because we are oop and are deep. If it was 100bb's then I would say your sizing is fine.

However when this deep we should 3bet bigger with 100% of our range. This is because we expect to get peeled more so can expect to earn a extra few bb's from the weak hands he calls pre with.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Would you just flat-out recommend to have an imbalanced 3betting size?

That's not only with strong hands but also I would do that with any of my 3betting range just for the reason not to let him call loose. Especially when you are OOP.