Zystrintern

• ZyStrintern
      ZyStrintern
      Bronze
      Heyo (:
      My name is Dennis im 19years old and i'm from Denmark.
      I'm currently not in school, but i have applied for university where i hope to get in after summer!

About me and poker, well i've known the game and played it with my friends on occasion in many years. (not even close to serious nor with strategy at all xD )

I've always found poker really fun and interesting and these last couple of days i decided that i actually want to give playing poker at a high level or at least try to get good enough to do so!
  • 2 replies
    • ZyStrintern
      ZyStrintern
      Bronze
      Question 1: What is your motivation for playing poker? (Be as vague or specific as you want with this one, but try to think of all the reasons and elaborate on them.)

Answer 1: Im a really competitive person so one of my biggest motivations is to become a more skilled player then the friends i have who also plays poker! Also just the thought of being able to live of something you really enjoy + "being your own boss" deciding when to work and such sounds like something i could get used to!
      And then theres also the dream of getting to play in the bigs tournament and score the big $!! :D

Question 2: What are your weaknesses when playing poker? (What are the mistakes you know you are making during your games? Are you playing while you're tired? Are you tilting easily? Want to see the showdown too much? Write down as many as you think are affecting you.)

Answer 2: I think right now basically not knowing anything about the game, how to track stats and such is one of my biggest weaknesses. Another thing i need to work on is getting more self disciplined about which hands to play, because i quickly get "bored" and wans to win money and this makes me play alot of hands that i should not play. and to end this im totally lost on when to fold after the flop.. ANNNND im pretty lost when people begins to use short terms for everything.

Question 3: What does it mean to play tight aggressive? (Describe in your own words what playing tight aggressive is and why does it work.)

Answer 3: tight aggressive is a certain poker play style where the amount of hands you play are selected "few", but when you play these hands you play them aggressively to maximize their value.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Welcome to the Course and Best of Luck. Good job! Homework #1 Done!

Guess competition is the main reason why there are more and more people joining, just cause their friends play it. Long time ago started as well this way and also had a plan some day to earn some nice extra salary.

About stats don't take it with rush, with time you will get the understanding and you can't know everything while you just started with poker. Just take few stats at first and with hand evaluations and working with the coach you will get better. :)

Discipline is common problem for a lot of players. Few things you could set up for yourself is that you can put a plan which you follow. Like playing according the plan, trying to follow it and at the same time trying to force yourself to be disciplined rather than ignore the game. Also try to avoid distractions which can cause even to be undisciplined. Don't let anything distract you. Always try to remind you what you are doing at the tables! Win! How can we win? By focusing of course more.

Most of the weakness you wrote can easily be fixed by posting hands (analyzing your session). We will start writing feedback to your play. Usually negative feedback will put you into thinking phase and trying to fix all those leaks. It's almost the same as you lose money, you will remember it more than winning part. By this situation it's gonna be that negative feedback you gonna remember and try to avoid them next time.

What about tilt? Do you adjust something against it? For example:
      Easiest way to fight against tilt is to set up stop-loss technique. Which means if you for example have lost more than 3BIs for a session then you just stop the session for some time. The BI amount is set up from your own results. Some may put it higher, some lower. Also after the stop you can spend some time with evaluation part to become better.

Tight style is usually called playing selected hands. Like following the Starting Hand Chart. Aggressive should be also pretty clear that already the word says how you should be playing. But the problem playing aggressively is that you have to watch that you don't play too aggressive. Find good spots, find good targets. About The tight-aggressive strategy you can read in this article: "What is the Big Stack Strategy?"

Hopefully you will enjoy the Course.