This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL25SH AJ TP vs PFA

• awishformore
      awishformore
      Bronze
      PokerStars - $0.25 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BB: $58.20
      UTG: $23.92 (VPP 39 / PFR 33 / WTS 22)
      Hero (CO): $27.42
      BTN: $25.00
      SB: $11.02

SB posts SB $0.10, BB posts BB $0.25

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.35) Hero has J:heart: A:heart:

UTG raises to $1.00, Hero calls $1.00, fold, fold, fold

Flop: ($2.35, 2 players) A:club: 5:spade: T:club:
      UTG bets $1.50, Hero calls $1.50

Turn: ($5.35, 2 players) 3:diamond:
      UTG checks, Hero bets $3.12, UTG calls $3.12

River: ($11.59, 2 players) 5:diamond:
      UTG checks, Hero checks

I call pre-flop because this guy opens quite wide. I would be more inclined to 3bet if he was CO or MP, but considering that there was also a deep calling station in the BB, I felt better about playing AJs in position.

My question is on the river. I have floated the guy in his two previous hands, so I expected him to check/call quite loose on the turn. I thus think I should probably have mad another thin value bet against pretty much any Ax.

What about playing this against a more standard villain? What is his turn range and will he call weaker again on the river?
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

if you´re ever bluffing river your floats/flushdraws then you should definitely bet for value AJ. He would mostly bet himself AQ/AK rather than c/c turn, so you should be ahead his range. Given your history he may easily call you down with KK/QQ and very likely worse Ax hands

best regards,