Hero (BTN): $36.56
      SB: $25.85
      BB: $25.00
      UTG: $33.12
      MP: $9.65
      CO: $25.25

SB posts SB $0.10, BB posts BB $0.25

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.35) Hero has T:diamond: J:club:

fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.62, SB raises to $2.75, fold, Hero raises to $6.88, fold

This guy 3bet me in 3 out of my 4 previous raised hands. As he was oop and thus also 3bet bigger, I thought this was a good spot to 4bet as a bluff.

What kind of hands do you usually recommend to take a stand against frequent 3betters? When do you sometimes consider calling?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello awishformore,

If we also would have some kind of stats and more information on the guy then I would start fighting back with those blocker-type of hands as Ax/Kx or whatsoever. Then take a look how he adjusts, if he starts to 5bet looser or call down looser then adjusting my range to calling range.

By calling the problem usually is we have to figure out his 3betting range and by that we will find out what kind of hands we can Call, for example KQ if we assume he is 3betting a lot of Qx/Kx hands. Also some SCs or even PPs, for example with SCs our main plan would be to fight back a lot of flops by either floating or even raising if he has a wide 3betting range.

Best Regards.