Neteller or Moneybookers?

• Drakhor
      Drakhor
      Bronze
      As the money's slowly building up on my Party account, I'm thinking about moving my bankroll around a bit to other sites. I don't want to use bank wire transfers, as they take too long and cost fees as well, so I want to go for an eWallet. But which one is better: Neteller or Moneybookers? Which one do you use? How are your experiences with either?

Neteller has this Prepaid Card thing which is something like a Visa/Mastercard as far as I can tell. Is it worth it and thus gives an edge over Moneybookers?

What about fees, if any?

Let me know, please. Thanks. :)
  • 23 replies
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      haven't used moneybookers, but neteller is fine (well, except for the fact that they're taking ages to upgrade my account - so I can't use it and have 1200$ just sitting there -.-). There might be a fee for cashouts, but transfers are free...just deposit once via bank wire, deposit on party and then you can cash in and out quickly.. I suppose it's the same with moneybookers... only difference I think is that a neteller account is quicker to set up, since they don't require ID until a certain cash limit is reached... and there's the mastercard thingy, which can be pretty useful if you have a lot of money online
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      I like moneybookers, I don't think there's a big difference actually.

You don't need an ID to create your account at MB either swiss.
    • vladnz
      vladnz
      Bronze
      moneybookersssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
    • tehChipDonk
      tehChipDonk
      Bronze
      neteller doesn't work in canada nor in turkey though..
    • Vargan
      Vargan
      Bronze
      ----> Stolen money on Neteller <---
    • helemaalnicks
      helemaalnicks
      Silver
      neither, theyre both unsafe!
    • degnic
      degnic
      Bronze
      They're only unsafe if you're careless with your e-mail passwords / firewall / antivirus. As "easily" the money gets stolen from your poker account if you're careless with previous mentioned things.

Personally I use moneybookers and besides from the dodgy verification of your bank-account, I got nothing to complain about.
    • luxdelux
      luxdelux
      Bronze
      i would like to add dodgy verification of your home adress, it took forever to get the letter
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      I'm from Slovenia and I got it in a week or so.
    • luxdelux
      luxdelux
      Bronze
      yes but when u need the money week seems forever :club:
      Bronze
      moneybookers are just fine.
    • Zheelvern
      Zheelvern
      Bronze
      mb ;)
    • Drakhor
      Drakhor
      Bronze
      Alright, thanks for the replies already. :)

I actually got a normal Neteller account only to then find out that I can't use their "Internet Banking" thingie here from Luxembourg (Gee, what a surprise...). France has it, but if I use a french bank with "FR" in the IBAN code, I get rejected because FR is not LU(xembourg). :rolleyes:

I guess it'll be the same with Moneybookers. :( I hate this country... X(

Ah well, guess there's no way around trips to the bank every now and then. Kinda paradox when you have to leave the house for online banking. :P
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Drakhor
      Ah well, guess there's no way around trips to the bank every now and then. Kinda paradox when you have to leave the house for online banking. :P
      france is walking distance away though, isn't it? :P
    • curnow
      curnow
      Bronze
      Neteller is good and use them and never had any problems

there is a fee to withdraw to a bank if you have not upgraded your account but I tend to put cash on to a poker site I know is good for withdrawing without a fee
    • Drakhor
      Drakhor
      Bronze
      Originally posted by chenny8888
      france is walking distance away though, isn't it? :P
      Considering I actually only have to look out the window to see France, it is. :P

But like I said, since I'm registered as a citizen of Luxembourg, I can't use a French bank with its FR IBAN code. This really sucks goat balls, hairy ones. X( It's like putting a hungry guy in front of a baker shop but locking the door. All you get is a flat nose. :(
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      I like Luxembourg :)
    • Drakhor
      Drakhor
      Bronze
      Really? Where do you live? Want to switch places? :P

Seriously, the first thing I'd do if I win big in some tournament would be to move elsewhere to a country which isn't so completely isolated from the rest of the (online) world. Especially as a poker player it sucks to live here.

Take Full Tilt for example. They have freerolls for (amongst others) Germany, France and Belgium. And what's in between those 3 countries? You guessed it, Luxembourg. Can I join any of these though? Nope, I can't. I'd only be able to participate in the "free for everybody" ones which are literally impossible to win with skill.

Any online competition usually accepts everybody in Europe, but not Luxembourg. Neteller accepts France and Germany for its internet banking, but not Luxembourg. Moneybookers has France, Germany and Belgium on its list, but not Luxembourg.

See the trend?

Trust me, you wouldn't want to live here.

[EDIT]: Doh, silly typo...
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      I live in NL and Belgium, I just said I like Luxembourg, not that I want to live there :P

I think not having the ability to use MB/Neteller is like the only bad part about the economy there though, and I think it's not a huge problem anyway ^^

If you talk to support I think you can get it fixed though.