[NL2-NL10] Nl25, ATo, BB, minbet

• burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (9 handed) Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

MP2 ($3.95)
      MP3 ($25)
      CO ($40.10)
      Button ($16.90)
      SB ($57.25)
      Hero ($5)
      UTG ($9.50)
      UTG+1 ($12.80)
      MP1 ($28.40)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:heart: , T:club: .
      2 folds, MP1 calls $0.25, 2 folds, CO raises to $0.5, 2 folds, Hero raises to $1.75, MP1 folds, CO calls $1.

Flop: ($3.60) T:diamond: , Q:diamond: , 9:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $3.5 (All-In), CO calls $3.50.

Turn: ($0) K:heart: (2 players, 1 all-in)

River: ($0) K:diamond: (2 players, 1 all-in)

Final Pot: $10.60

This minbet seemed like a cheap steal to me, so I went for a raise and contibet(push) the flop. I thought that giving up AT would be a little weak. Would you say AT is not worth trouble on NL25?

Unfortunately guy hit his straight on flop with KJ. :(
  • 7 replies
    • alexkz
      alexkz
      Bronze
      This minbet seemed like a cheap steal to me

No, i cant agree with you. Because there was a limper and this minbet is not attempt to steal your blind, so fold preflop is right decision here.
      If he raised me first in i would probably have made a resteal.
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Originally posted by alexkz

No, i cant agree with you. Because there was a limper and this minbet is not attempt to steal your blind, so fold preflop is right decision here.
      Maybe this really wasn't a true steal, but I think that CO didn't have a strong hand and just wanted blinds out of the pot so he could outplay MP1 HU postflop in position. And for this reason I thought I could possibly win the hand preflop or maybe with contibet. However, I think I did have the best hand preflop. So, that's how I saw the situation, but maybe my approach to this hand is incorrect and I'm open to discussion...
    • alexkz
      alexkz
      Bronze
      Originally posted by burek2000

Maybe this really wasn't a true steal, but I think that CO didn't have a strong hand and just wanted blinds out of the pot so he could outplay MP1 HU postflop in position. And for this reason I thought I could possibly win the hand preflop or maybe with contibet. However, I think I did have the best hand preflop. So, that's how I saw the situation, but maybe my approach to this hand is incorrect and I'm open to discussion...
      As I can see, you are playing NL25 and this limit you can beat using only chart hands. Steal and resteal try to use only when you know, that players on BB and SB are very tight. On the limit NL50+ stealing/restealing become more important, but not on microlimits...

P.S. I hope you understood me, because english is not my
      motherlanguage :) Im from russian community ;)
    • dallievas
      dallievas
      Bronze
      I agree with alexkz.You shouldn`t resteal when you have limper and stealer.When you steal you don`t want much trouble seeing flop and when you resteal you don`t want to participate in multiway pot either.You can not guarantee that limper seeing acceptable pot odds for him will not call.You should have good stats doing such moves preflop.On flop imho you was not right too making cbet-push,because it was extremely coordinated flop for me (OESD,flush draw).I think we can`t count oc, only gutshot and pair for set or better.If your opp hits flush or straight,you can only beat him with better straight or full house,quads.The more coordinated flop is ,we should less do cbet without good hand.Think with what hands you would do blindsteal and you would often find suited KJ among them :)
      Good luck.
      P.S.
      to alexkz -I understand your English very well.Most of us in English community is not native speakers.You are welcome member,I like your replies. :) Share with us what goods have Russian community.
    • alexkz
      alexkz
      Bronze
      Dallievas...i know you:) you was yesterday at SSS-coaching, right? You can speak russian very vell, so you are also welcome in our community;) If you want you can check out my poker career - this is the link to my SSS-blog:)
      Your comments are also welcome in my blog;)
    • dallievas
      dallievas
      Bronze
      Yes,there was I.I`m trying to visit as many coachings as I can.I will read your blog at the weekend.
      Good luck. :)
    • Berliner1982
      Berliner1982
      Bronze
      I agree as far as it goes about the preflop fold, but I disagree, to try to "resteal" with ATo here, especially without any stats of our opponent. And with a limper and a minraiser, we will be in trouble postflop if we get one caller, thats for sure and in this case you also would play OOP.