This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] AA vs KK

• brogac
      brogac
      Bronze
      Hello,

I played on table 0,02/0,04€ 9max table, 9 players

I'm on the button with my stack: app. 6€ KK
      My opponent UTG limps in (0,04€) with AA; stack: 4€ vpip/pfr: 14/4

other players fold and I raise to 0.20€
      sb and bb fold, UTG reraises to 0.96€
      i go all in and lost app. 100bb

Now I wonder how many big blinds is worth to go all in with KK?

ty
  • 5 replies
    • mrbeer9999
      mrbeer9999
      Basic
      That's fine. You could raise a little more pre. Take a note on UTG that he limp-raises AA. It's standard to get it in with KK 100bb deep in most situations.
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      Limp/raise or limp/shove from early position (UTG/UTG+1) is AA most of the times, isn't is Veriz?
    • mrbeer9999
      mrbeer9999
      Basic
      Originally posted by Imimba1
      Limp/raise or limp/shove from early position (UTG/UTG+1) is AA most of the times, isn't is Veriz?
      Obviously Veriz will have his own opinion on this but l/r from EP is the sign that someone plays badly IMO, so yes you will see AA here but you'll also see QQ/AK and indeed T2o.

Folding KK 100bb deep is usually (but not always) -EV and we need more info than "limp-shove = AA" to do so.

Note taking is really useful here and indeed on any villain play which involves do something unusual that involves their whole stack.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello brogac,

Unfortunately on those limits it will be tough for me to put the opponent on only AA. That's true that we will very often see AA but I am not really planning to fold my KK either. Just ship it and at least take a note.

Best Regards.
    • brogac
      brogac
      Bronze
      Thank you for all opinions, helps a lot :)