[NL2-NL10] NL2 Full ring - AQo

• TedG82
      Hi, this is my first hand that I am sending on english part of the pokerstrategy web, so I just hoped I do it correctly :) .

IPoker, $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 9 Players

MP2: $5 (250 bb) Hand:18 Vpip:88 Pfr:29 Af:1,4
      MP3: $2.36 (118 bb)
      CO: $5.05 (252.5 bb)
      BTN: $3.87 (193.5 bb)
      SB: $1.02 (51 bb)
      BB: $3.68 (184 bb)
      UTG+1: $2.02 (101 bb)
      Hero (UTG+2): $2.03 (101.5 bb)
      MP1: $1.03 (51.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with A Q
      MP2 posts BB OOP, UTG+1 folds, Hero raises to $0.10, MP1 folds, MP2 calls $0.08, 5 folds

I decided to raise 5 BB because MP2 send a dead blind.

Flop: ($0.23) J 7 5 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.14, MP2 raises to $0.32, Hero calls $0.18

I have two overcards and nuts flush draw so I decided to play it aggressive and bet approx. 2/3 of the pot. MP2 minraise and I decided to call because i have good pot odds to call.

Turn: ($0.87) T (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $0.87, Hero raises to $1.61, MP2 calls $0.74

I am not sure about my play on turn. Now I have also gut shot, MP2 is very loose but rahter passive so his pot-bet can stand for a quite strong hand (AJ, KK-QQ, JJ, 77, 55, two :heart:) but it can be also pure bluff. I have many outs that can make a made hand on river so finally i decided to go all-in.

River: ($4.09) Q (2 players)

Results: $4.09 pot ($0.27 rake)
      Final Board: J 7 5 T Q
      MP2 showed 6 6 and lost (-$2.03 net)
      Hero mucked A Q and won $3.82 ($1.79 net)
  • 4 replies
    • mrbeer9999
      I did not read the spoiler but I don't think he's bluffing. We are not shaping up that well to a non-bluff range, even with all our outs. With a smaller turn bet I would call, as played I prefer folding...I don't think we have enough equity to continue and I think we have zero fold equity so I don't think shoving acheives anything.
    • veriz
      Hello TedG82,

Welcome to the English NL Hand Evaluation Forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future. I hope that with our help you can improve your play and as well move up the limits. We will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

Flop: Most likely I'd CB bigger here which also would avoid bluffing against you. For the given odds of course shouldn't be that wrong but you could as well even get it in if you assume his range being very wide. Vs Jx hands we have enough of equity to get it in rather than get it in on the turn.

As played
      Turn: You don't have enough of fold equity nor equity vs the strong ranges, I'd rather leave the pot alone while we can't Call it either vs pot size Bet. Ship the flop over turn.

Best Regards.
    • Imimba1
      Is it just me, but is raising with AQ utg+1 too thin on these limits? You are going to get 2-3 calls many-many times, and hoping to hit TP OOP doesn't sound too good for me. I'd rather l/c.

As played
      We 14 outs, given he doesnt have a set.
      So we have 51% equity, but he may even get 2 pair until river, so we have less then 50% chance to win at showdown. He may even have a set.

Would you get it in on FLOP for fold equity? I can't see any other reason making the pot bigger, while actually being an underdog.
      You can't go AI for value, any paired hands/sets have more equity then us.
      So my question is: is the flop AI a bluff actually? We want him to fold, but then why not 4 bet smaller?
    • veriz
      Limping would be the worst move here, you are never-ever going to play profitable with it while being in multiway pot you will just overplay TP hands.

If I'd plan to continue on the flop then I'd most likely rather get it in or either if we Call the flop then we should also plan to fold on the turn cause there vs such line we are never playing it profitable.