Poker Stars $50.00 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players -
      MP: $38.18 - VPIP: 29, PFR: 18, 3B: 9, AF: 2.0, Hands: 117
      CO: $137.13 - VPIP: 36, PFR: 16, 3B: 5, AF: 6.3, Hands: 112
      Hero (BTN): $85.60 -
      SB: $16.33 - VPIP: 13, PFR: 13, 3B: 9, AF: 0.0, Hands: 55
      BB: $48.50 - VPIP: 30, PFR: 20, 3B: 5, AF: 2.2, Hands: 93
      UTG: $31.79 - VPIP: 24, PFR: 12, 3B: 12, AF: 1.3, Hands: 41

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is BTN with A :heart: K :diamond:
      1 fold, MP raises to $1.50, 1 fold, Hero raises to $5, 2 folds, MP calls $3.50

Flop: ($10.75) Q :spade: 3 :heart: 2 :club: (2 players)
      MP checks, Hero bets $6.00, MP raises to $12, Hero raises to $46.27, MP folds

Thought that villain is aggressive enough to x/r bluff a board like this. Also I think that he is much more likely to trap with a strong hand here than x/r it.

Because of that and because I still have outs vs Qx I made the shove.

If the move is good, would you do it with pure air as well?

What about Ax?
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello DeMarcohsp,

The only problem here is his stack size which just indicates to a bad player. :( That what makes me even wonder if I'd CB in first place. He has a lot of those PPs which wont fold and also some Qx hands.

As played I do agree about the thoughts and vs any kind of reg I wouldn't mind going for more aggressive lines cause he would almost always Check/Call with Qx or made hands. But vs his stack and such a player I wouldn't be surprised to see the Qx which is trying to protect from overcards. :D -> Therefore towards your dynamics and how you saw the opponents and what feeling you had there. We shouldn't be worried that much cause we might even have overcards as outs + fold equity.

Best Regards.
    • DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      Would you do this vs a reg with air? or with Axo ? Ofc if you usually see him beeing on a bluffing hand. What about calling and stab if he checks? CallumN suggested this once and I think it might be a better play with air as villain should be playing very straight forward vs our call.

I agree that it is not good to cbet vs random fish here.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Would you do this vs a reg with air? or with Axo ?

Usually with total air rather not, at least some some kind of equity vs Qx hands. With total air I would have really solid reads there cause you can't represent much either. :D You would most likely trap with any strong hand and you don't need to protect from much either.

Ofc if you usually see him beeing on a bluffing hand. What about calling and stab if he checks?

Again would prefer to have decent reads while being in 3bet pot, could be possible but showing bigger profit has to be some solid reads.