what phone to buy?

• RobertDaPro
      RobertDaPro
      Bronze
      I am thinking to get a new phone and I am stuck wig decision. Defo I do not want iPhone 4s. Way too common :) it can not be the best phone around.

I have HTC HD7 what was first windows 7 phone that came out. Playing Xbox on it was great, but not using it anymore.

Thinking to play mobile poker now and no soft supports windows mobiles. So android seems that what I need now.

There is so many options out there and I tought that some of you might have opinions or ideas.
  • 26 replies
    • taavi1337
      taavi1337
      Bronze
      My opinion is that all these smart phones are very bad for you, rob all your attention, take you away from reality 24/7, encourage mindless multitasking etc.

I think the simpler the phone, the better. Best would be no phone at all, but that is quite hard to achieve if you want to have some social life.
    • RobertDaPro
      RobertDaPro
      Bronze
      Good point also, but I need my emails, chats and mobile poker :)

Tere sulle muuseas fellow Estonian :-)
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      I hear the Samsung Galaxy S3 is going to be off the hook.

If you don't mind waiting for the release, I believe it's going to be the market leader when it comes based on reviews.
    • RobertDaPro
      RobertDaPro
      Bronze
      Originally posted by fruktpuff

If you don't mind waiting for the release, I believe it's going to be the market leader when it comes based on reviews.
      Reviews look really good for it indeed, but any idea how long release waiting would be?
    • vladnz
      vladnz
      Bronze
      I have samsung galxy note, and its amazing, i love it , I would suggest getting that, it stays charged for ages, and has and awesome screen
    • AlcopopDK
      AlcopopDK
      Bronze
      +1 to Vladnz

ive had the galaxy note for 1 month now... best phone ive had... (had the HTC HD2 b4 and the galaxy note is just in another league)

dont forget to tell us what u decide

AlcopopDK
    • RobertDaPro
      RobertDaPro
      Bronze
      I like options must look into that one too.. Battery life is really issue on HTC HD7. Good to hear 2 positive comments and better battery.
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze

OMG I WANT IT!!

But it's probably going to cost $1.000.000 or so :(
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      I though S3 was out already, last i heard the release date was set for May 3rd. I have S2, and it's great, its fast, nice big screen great colours. The camera is really good but sticks out from the phone so if you're not using a cover every time you lay the phone on its back you are scratching the camera not sure if they have changed this for the S3 or not. battery could be better also but i think you can buy better ones for it. Would definitely recommend the galaxy S2/3 I get bored of things very easy though so i'm waiting for iPhone5 now.

Just go into the phone shops and have a good play about on the different phones see which you are drawn to
    • Skraggy
      Skraggy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by RasTweet

OMG I WANT IT!!

But it's probably going to cost $1.000.000 or so :(
      It's £500 on pre-order at the moment, and should drop in price soon again ;)

http://www.clove.co.uk/samsung-galaxy-s3-blue

edit : in case you're not in the UK, have a look on Amazon - they also have it for the same price ;)
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      ahhhh nvm it was may 30th not 3rd
    • RobertDaPro
      RobertDaPro
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ExternalUseOnly
      I though S3 was out already, last i heard the release date was set for May 3rd. I have S2, and it's great, its fast, nice big screen great colours. The camera is really good but sticks out from the phone so if you're not using a cover every time you lay the phone on its back you are scratching the camera not sure if they have changed this for the S3 or not. battery could be better also but i think you can buy better ones for it. Would definitely recommend the galaxy S2/3 I get bored of things very easy though so i'm waiting for iPhone5 now.

Just go into the phone shops and have a good play about on the different phones see which you are drawn to
      Did read review about it and I remember it complaining the scratching prob and that they did not change it.

To the 2 guys who wrote about "note" this is nearly a tablet. How big is it then really? Not very comfortable to carry around I presume?
    • Krishjanis
      Krishjanis
      Bronze
      HTC One X recently came out, take a look at that.
    • redskwerl
      redskwerl
      Black
      Motorola RAZR MAXX

battery life biatches!!! :)
    • suitedaces1701
      suitedaces1701
      Platinum
      +1 on galaxy note!

I've had it for a month now. You get used to the size really quickly. If you care about how people look at you while you're holding a tablet type phone beside your ear when you call someone, then it's not for you lol.

Battery life is fine. I go a couple days without charging it sometimes (when I don't play games or do anything to demanding on it like surfing the internet). It lasts all day though even if you play lots of games :)

I recommend :D
    • bjela
      bjela
      Bronze
      Note is pretty much a tablet ffs. Not comfortable at all, you have to do almost everything two-handed.

Samsung Galaxy S3 if you can wait.
      HTC One X or S, depending on which size you prefer (go to store and test). They will both work great. The bigger one has a quad-core processor, and I think the other has a dual-core. But both are really too powerful for any app that can come out soon.
    • vladnz
      vladnz
      Bronze
      When people say something taht my note is big, I usually say nah your phone is to small :)
    • suitedaces1701
      suitedaces1701
      Platinum
      Originally posted by vladnz
      When people say something taht my note is big, I usually say nah your phone is to small :)
      haha or "that's what she said" when they say: OMG that's huge!
    • RobertDaPro
      RobertDaPro
      Bronze
      Originally posted by suitedaces1701
      +1 on galaxy note!

I've had it for a month now. You get used to the size really quickly. If you care about how people look at you while you're holding a tablet type phone beside your ear when you call someone, then it's not for you lol.

Battery life is fine. I go a couple days without charging it sometimes (when I don't play games or do anything to demanding on it like surfing the internet). It lasts all day though even if you play lots of games :)

I recommend :D

Summer is on the way.. if you wear shorts or go to beach etc.. where the hell you put that thing? Must carry backbag all the time for it? + people look strange too :)

Also for me downside is that i work as security and in a fight this thing would be easy to break in pocket if it fits there ofcorse. Did not see one so far.