[NL20-NL50] NL25SH Two pair

• spadek
      spadek
      Bronze
      Hi! Just started out the session and opponent were relatively unknown. Some basic stats for the 70 hands we've played: 21/17/2,3 (VPIP/PFR/AFR).

Poker Stars $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

SB: $25.60
      BB: $25.35
      UTG: $42.68
      Hero (MP): $27.19
      CO: $26.90
      BTN: $25.75

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is MP with J :heart: Q :heart:
      1 fold, Hero raises to $0.75, CO calls $0.75, 3 folds

Flop: ($1.85) J :spade: Q :diamond: 5 :club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.18, CO calls $1.18

Turn: ($4.21) 8 :heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $3, CO raises to $8, Hero calls $5

River: ($20.21) A :heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $16.97 all in, Hero?
  • 2 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello spadek,

That's a tough spot cause there can be so various situations:
      a) he has the nuts -> would make sense to raise? - yes, it could happen.
      b) he has some sets in his range which raise for value -> would he do that on dry board? - yes, still could be possible.
      c) he semi-bluffs -> but with what is he bluffing against us, what also is capable of floating the flop? T9/KT/AT maybe some Jx hands? - as long he seems to be rather passive side, not sure if he is capable of doing that.
      d) he has there slowplayed KK/AA which decides to raise for value vs Qx/draws. - once again we can't be sure on that.
      e) he raises Qx for value -> rather not cause it would be just turning his hand into bluff.
      f) has he Q8 in his range? - wouldn't assume that, at he best Q8s although those hands if he is more aggressive side preflop I'd expect to 3bet.

Therefore either Bet/Fold it or just get it in here which means Bet/Broke cause I wouldn't see him bluffing that often the river while he could easily just Check behind. With calling you also letting him to grab some cards which might improve his semi-bluffing range.

As played some of the semi-bluffing range which I assumed him semi-bluffing got there, Ax is most likely Checking behind so which means his range is towards what we beat -> pure bluffs only. Wouldn't see much sense of calling without any information.

Conclusion he can't represent much either so I doubt that he will have that many bluffs in his range and I'd even consider Bet/Folding on the turn as long the guy is also passive & without any dynamics.

Best Regards.
    • spadek
      spadek
      Bronze
      Thanks for inclusive feedback!
      My plan was actually to check/call the river if it was not an ace or a 9 because I figured KT would definetely be a part of his range and all the other hands he is raising are already beating me on the turn except KK+. Worse hands he would call my shove are KK+. KT would propably fold correctly.

QUESTION: He is unknown so it's pretty tough but, as played, don't you think I could call if the river was a blank? As you said he can't rep much and his value range is really narrow and if we put in KT it's like third of his range (JJ+,55,KTs,T9s,KTo,T9o). Don't you think he has KT here often enough and want's to continue when he bricks on the river?