This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL25SH KJ TP vs turn c/r

• awishformore
      awishformore
      Bronze
      PokerStars - $0.25 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

CO: $25.00
      Hero (BTN): $25.00
      SB: $25.95 (100 VPP over 9 hands)
      BB: $25.62
      UTG: $26.40

SB posts SB $0.10, BB posts BB $0.25

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.35) Hero has K:club: J:diamond:

fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.62, SB calls $0.52, fold

Flop: ($1.49, 2 players) J:spade: 3:club: 2:spade:
      SB bets $0.25, Hero raises to $1.88, SB calls $1.63

Turn: ($5.25, 2 players) 5:diamond:
      SB checks, Hero bets $3.89, SB raises to $23.45 and is all-in, Hero calls $18.61 and is all-in

River: ($50.25, 2 players) T:diamond:

When the guy donks small, I usually put him on a weak J or a draw, so I raise for value.

On the turn, his check/raise shove seems a bit weird. It doesn't feel like he would do that with two-pair or better. It feels more like a hand that has caught something additional on the turn, like fd + pair or pair + sd. I'm afraid of J5 and maybe A4/46 sometimes, but I think his range is heavily weighed towards single pair hands I have beat.

How do you interpret such a shove after the flop action?
  • 3 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

I think he usually has there two pair or better. He may sometimes have 5x with flushdraw, so there can be argument b/c turn, but since you don´t get that good pot odds and your hand is not that strong then I would prefer b/f

best regards,
    • awishformore
      awishformore
      Bronze
      I have never seen any player play this way with two-pair against me thus far. They usually just call down or min-raise in my experience. Is it something that happens often?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello awishformore,

Could be anything, nutFD with the A:sx hand and of course very strong hands while the board is super drawy. I'd rather just Bet/Fold it with my TP while we just have 9 hands on him.

I tend to think that he is more often towards a made hand which is stronger than ours than just a Jx. If he had the Jx then why not just get it in on the flop? The hope what I see here is some kind of nutFD as A:sx hand which goes for maximum fold equity.

Have seen so often people taking such a line as min-donk on the flop and then 3bet vs our raise which usually is a sign of strength. This line often times looks the same for me if he picks such a line.

Best Regards.