BB: $25.62
      UTG: $26.40

SB posts SB $0.10, BB posts BB $0.25

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.35) Hero has K:club: J:diamond:

fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.62, SB calls $0.52, fold

Flop: ($1.49, 2 players) J:spade: 3:club: 2:spade:
      SB bets $0.25, Hero raises to $1.88, SB calls $1.63

Turn: ($5.25, 2 players) 5:diamond:
      SB checks, Hero bets $3.89, SB raises to $23.45 and is all-in, Hero calls $18.61 and is all-in

River: ($50.25, 2 players) T:diamond:

When the guy donks small, I usually put him on a weak J or a draw, so I raise for value.

On the turn, his check/raise shove seems a bit weird. It doesn't feel like he would do that with two-pair or better. It feels more like a hand that has caught something additional on the turn, like fd + pair or pair + sd. I'm afraid of J5 and maybe A4/46 sometimes, but I think his range is heavily weighed towards single pair hands I have beat.

How do you interpret such a shove after the flop action?
  • 3 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

I think he usually has there two pair or better. He may sometimes have 5x with flushdraw, so there can be argument b/c turn, but since you don´t get that good pot odds and your hand is not that strong then I would prefer b/f

best regards,
    • awishformore
      awishformore
      Bronze
      I have never seen any player play this way with two-pair against me thus far. They usually just call down or min-raise in my experience. Is it something that happens often?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello awishformore,

Could be anything, nutFD with the A:sx hand and of course very strong hands while the board is super drawy. I'd rather just Bet/Fold it with my TP while we just have 9 hands on him.

I tend to think that he is more often towards a made hand which is stronger than ours than just a Jx. If he had the Jx then why not just get it in on the flop? The hope what I see here is some kind of nutFD as A:sx hand which goes for maximum fold equity.

Have seen so often people taking such a line as min-donk on the flop and then 3bet vs our raise which usually is a sign of strength. This line often times looks the same for me if he picks such a line.

Best Regards.