This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL25SH TT overpair multi-way

• awishformore
      awishformore
      Bronze
      PokerStars - $0.25 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

UTG: $37.20 (VPP 21 / PFR 14) [14 hands]
      CO: $37.44
      Hero (BTN): $25.00
      SB: $25.10 (VPP 17 / PFR 14) [67 hands]
      BB: $46.20

SB posts SB $0.10, BB posts BB $0.25

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.35) Hero has T:spade: T:club:

UTG raises to $0.87, fold, Hero calls $0.87, SB calls $0.77, fold

Flop: ($2.86, 3 players) 2:club: 2:spade: 3:diamond:
      SB checks, UTG bets $1.88, Hero calls $1.88, SB calls $1.88

Turn: ($8.50, 3 players) 8:diamond:
      SB checks, UTG bets $5.10, Hero raises to $22.25 and is all-in

In this hand, I think SB and hero hand are quite obvious to the UTG raiser unless they got lucky with 33, so he will often bet the turn again. I would say he is often on overcards or a pocket pair, but even then, TT remains ahead often.

I usually don't like shoving like that as I will probably isolate myself against better hands, but in this case, I would really hate to see the river. If he is indeed still bluffing, he will also be capable of shoving the river on any overcard.

I also want to get rid of the second player in the hand who could decide to make a move on us.

Do you think calling down is still the better option, for value and to play way ahead / way behind?
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

board is so dry that I would like calling there a lit better. Usually players are not bluffing that often with just and overcards and their valuebetting range beats mostly your TT. If you think he would b/f JJ-AA then shove is good, but until you have that read I would just call and try to go cheap showdown

best regards,