This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL25SH flop c/r with air as PFA

• awishformore
      awishformore
      Bronze
      PokerStars - $0.25 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

CO: $28.25
      BTN: $36.59 (VPP 30 / PFR 23 / WTS 24 / F3B 18 / FCB 63)
      SB: $26.60 (VPP 22 / PFR 11) [10 hands]
      Hero (BB): $36.25
      UTG: $24.65

SB posts SB $0.10, Hero posts BB $0.25

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.35) Hero has J:diamond: A:club:

fold, fold, BTN raises to $0.60, SB calls $0.50, Hero raises to $2.70, BTN calls $2.10, SB calls $2.10

Flop: ($8.10, 3 players) 3:spade: 6:club: 3:heart:
      SB checks, Hero checks, BTN bets $5.19, fold, Hero raises to $33.55 and is all-in

I was thinking about was on how to play back against people who call a lot of 3bets in position. On the flop, I thought he would probably never fold, even with complete air. Then, on the turn, I have a really hard time shoving, because he will often go broke with his pocket pairs.

I thought: how do such players make their money if they call so much pre-flop and on the flop? They bluff a lot, no? I thus checked with the plan to shove on a bet; I think I will fold out a lot of weaker hands, but possibly even his small to medium pocket pairs, while still having decent equity in case he decides to her call with them.
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

I don´t see any reason why I should risk over 100bb on low boards against player who would likely not b/f any pair.
      I think c-betting is usually profitable and that leaves you option double barreling on the turn or for example going c/rai on J turn, but I don´t like risking that much money to try fold out air.

best regards,