This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL25SH AK flat pre in BB

• awishformore
      awishformore
      Bronze
      PokerStars - $0.25 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: $7.66
      SB: $12.94
      Hero (BB): $25.81
      UTG: $20.44
      MP: $8.69 (VPP 40 / PFR 0)
      CO: $34.97 (VPP 18 / PFR 14)

SB posts SB $0.10, Hero posts BB $0.25

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.35) Hero has A:spade: K:diamond:

fold, MP calls $0.25, CO raises to $1.00, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.75, fold

Flop: ($2.35, 2 players) 8:diamond: 4:spade: 4:diamond:
      Hero checks, CO bets $1.50, Hero calls $1.50

Turn: ($5.35, 2 players) 6:club:
      Hero checks, CO bets $3.00, fold

I am currently experimenting a bit with not 3betting AK/QQ/JJ so often, especially in spots where I don't feel comfortable with going broke.

In this case, I felt like MP was isolating quite often with Kx/Ax hands that I have dominated. At the same time, I think AK is strong enough here to play multi-way against this fish.

Post-flop, playing AK here is almost the same as playing 22/8x it feels like. So once more almost the same spot as before. Can I check/call turn and river here? The difference is that I plan to bluff on any diamond. I obviously need to find some additional spots to bluff if I don't want to 3bet the hand pre-flop, so which ones would be good flops?
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

I would most of the times 3-bet, since I think that would show more profit than playing oop. He is likely going to call pf AQ and sometimes AQ/KQ that you dominate and if you hit your tptk you mostly have very easy decisions postflop. If you just call and get tptk are you going to c/r now for value and going to play for 100bb? So generally you don´t get too much value dominated Ax hands and he has so many boards to take pot down without improving his own hand.

Since you can´t c/c him down I would lead myself to see how he reacts. if he has air, he should just give up.

best regards,