BTN: $7.66
      SB: $12.94
      Hero (BB): $25.81
      UTG: $20.44
      MP: $8.69 (VPP 40 / PFR 0)
      CO: $34.97 (VPP 18 / PFR 14)

SB posts SB $0.10, Hero posts BB $0.25

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.35) Hero has A:spade: K:diamond:

fold, MP calls $0.25, CO raises to $1.00, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.75, fold

Flop: ($2.35, 2 players) 8:diamond: 4:spade: 4:diamond:
      Hero checks, CO bets $1.50, Hero calls $1.50

Turn: ($5.35, 2 players) 6:club:
      Hero checks, CO bets $3.00, fold

I am currently experimenting a bit with not 3betting AK/QQ/JJ so often, especially in spots where I don't feel comfortable with going broke.

In this case, I felt like MP was isolating quite often with Kx/Ax hands that I have dominated. At the same time, I think AK is strong enough here to play multi-way against this fish.

Post-flop, playing AK here is almost the same as playing 22/8x it feels like. So once more almost the same spot as before. Can I check/call turn and river here? The difference is that I plan to bluff on any diamond. I obviously need to find some additional spots to bluff if I don't want to 3bet the hand pre-flop, so which ones would be good flops?
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

I would most of the times 3-bet, since I think that would show more profit than playing oop. He is likely going to call pf AQ and sometimes AQ/KQ that you dominate and if you hit your tptk you mostly have very easy decisions postflop. If you just call and get tptk are you going to c/r now for value and going to play for 100bb? So generally you don´t get too much value dominated Ax hands and he has so many boards to take pot down without improving his own hand.

Since you can´t c/c him down I would lead myself to see how he reacts. if he has air, he should just give up.

best regards,