Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero has 6:diamond: 4:spade:

fold, fold, CO calls $0.02, fold, fold, Hero checks

Flop: ($0.05, 2 players) 3:spade: Q:spade: 6:spade:
      Hero bets $0.03, CO calls $0.03

Turn: ($0.11, 2 players) 3:heart:
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.12, Hero calls $0.12

River: ($0.35, 2 players) T:club:
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.24, Hero calls $0.24

CO shows 5:diamond: A:spade: (One Pair, Threes) (Pre 62%, Flop 44%, Turn 25%)
      Hero shows 6:diamond: 4:spade: (Two Pair, Sixes and Threes) (Pre 38%, Flop 56%, Turn 75%)
      Hero wins $0.79

Put him on just a big spade As/Ks. Did I play it too passive?
  • 5 replies
    • celts08
      celts08
      Bronze
      I know this is supposed to be hand evaluations but since I'm new I'm actually going to ask you a question if you don't mind. Why did you put him on the big spade. Obviously you ended being right but I feel like most people would raise Ax and Kx from the small blind.
    • Skraggy
      Skraggy
      Bronze
      His limp from the cutoff is pretty weak, but villian had been doing stupid things like that in previous hands with just rag aces or kings.

I think if he has a Q he will raise the flop and 3x is a very small part of his wide range on the turn when the board pairs.

River bet can go either way I think - either pure bluff or pure valuebet, but I think he is bluffing more often than not when he misses the FD.

Thoughts?
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      FLOP: No stronger hands (PPs, Qx, flushes, or maybe overcards with flushdraw) are going to fold, and no weaker ones are going to call (you have only a pair of sixes). You can't bluff, neither can you bet for value, so why bet?
      Maybe you can collect dead money (SCs, overcards) with it, but OOP it's kind of risky in my opinion. I'd plan to c/f.

As played
      Turn: c/f. If you call this, be prepeared for a river bet. Are you going to call it?

After I read spoiler
      Well, I didn't put him on that kind of hand. But without any information of him, I think I shouldnt.
    • Skraggy
      Skraggy
      Bronze
      I think we could rule out some of his range on the flop since he would raise any PP and overcards most of the time(pre flop). Agree with no reason to bet the flop really.

Could I raise the turn and rep a 3 or two pair, or would that be maniac play? :f_p:

I only put the spoiler for anyone that's interested - agree that it does not matter the outcome as much as making the correct play on each street
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Skraggy,

Basic rule for you, don't try to be hero in freeplay pots. :) Not worth the money while you haven't invested any cent into the pot.

Best Regards.