This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] [Fr] Nl25 22 1.05.

• HansTheGreat
      HansTheGreat
      Bronze
      BTN: $10.14
      Hero (SB): $27.46
      BB: $47.35
      UTG: $25.00
      MP: $25.00
      CO: $31.12

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is SB with 2 :diamond: 2 :heart:
      1 fold, MP raises to $0.75, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.65, 1 fold

Flop: ($1.75) A :club: 9 :heart: 3 :spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP bets $1, Hero raises to $3.21, MP folds

Is this a one time shot or also bet the turn?
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Sikac,

Not really a huge fan of Check/Raising the Axx boards while the guy has a lot of Ax hands in his range. The investment we make might be near break-even for the fold equity we get there.

If we even do that then it's not a 2nd barrel on a turn cause you will rarely have much fold equity.

Best Regards.
    • HansTheGreat
      HansTheGreat
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello Sikac,

Not really a huge fan of Check/Raising the Axx boards while the guy has a lot of Ax hands in his range. The investment we make might be near break-even for the fold equity we get there.

If we even do that then it's not a 2nd barrel on a turn cause you will rarely have much fold equity.

Best Regards.
      Hey,

I m writing this from Germnay so I will make it quick:
      -Ax are just not his only part f his range
      -his Cbeting 100% and as well the Cbet is weak
      -Isn t this a good spot to make it not a fit or fold play?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Oh you are already in Germany, nice. :D How is it there?

Axx boards are one of the worst to fight back, especially vs MP range as I said cause they hit much bigger time than any other overcard board. ;) Neither I don't ever see him folding Ax. We need ~55% fold equity which I doubt that we are getting vs his whole range. :)
    • HansTheGreat
      HansTheGreat
      Bronze
      Hey,

Well coming back on Tuesday, had just some staff to do. Since I dont have a equilab on this laptop(not mine) and have to anyway clear the whole history :D When I put this(change the combos if not correct) A2s+(12*4=48 combos),ATo+(4*12=48 combos),22+(13*6=78),K9s(4*4=16)+,KJo+(2*12=24),QTs+(2*4=8),QJo(12),65s+(5*4=20),J9s+(2*4=8)=102 combos with Ax(96+6 AAcombos :D )/262 combos of this range =0,389=~39% of his range his are Ax hands
      Hit this flop:114/262=0,435=~43,5%
      Does my calculation make any sense? I just got some inspiration to do so :D .
      I m not questioning your evaluation it is maybe me wondering why are not that good for a bluff attempt( maybe I m currently too involved in my bachelot work so always have to question something). Because in this case I think we can be sure 2 facts:
      -IP he is going to Cbet his whole Preflop range
      -Cbet looks weak(57%pot->probably set the size himself which from my experience tells me that he has a rather weaker hand then a stronger one->when value bet I think they press either 3/4 mostly or sometimes 1/2 OTF)-> very often I m also doing it this way betting my value bets stronger and less my bluff Cbets :f_biggrin:
      Hehe, anyway hopefuly I didnt bother you too much. After just 4 days of non play miss it so much that I started to question everything :facepalm: :s_biggrin:
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      -Cbet looks weak

How much would you CB on such a dry board then? :f_biggrin: ~$1,50? From what you getting called? Pretty standard CB I'd say, I'd do the same with bluffs and with Ax hands.

Also what makes you think that he opens ~18% from MP? (that's almost the range you gave out). Which most likely isn't true.

And even for given your range we practically doing it at the best break-even and not really a profit.

I'd exclude some of his range and which will make it that he will fold ~50% at the best of his range and maybe even floats some other PPs cause our Check/Raise on such a dry board doesn't make sense -> we would never do it with Ax. So in long run you not going to show profit.

Conclusion we don't have the fold equity to make profit in long run here.