BTN: $10.14
      Hero (SB): $27.46
      BB: $47.35
      UTG: $25.00
      MP: $25.00
      CO: $31.12

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is SB with 2 :diamond: 2 :heart:
      1 fold, MP raises to $0.75, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.65, 1 fold

Flop: ($1.75) A :club: 9 :heart: 3 :spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP bets $1, Hero raises to $3.21, MP folds

Is this a one time shot or also bet the turn?
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Sikac,

Not really a huge fan of Check/Raising the Axx boards while the guy has a lot of Ax hands in his range. The investment we make might be near break-even for the fold equity we get there.

If we even do that then it's not a 2nd barrel on a turn cause you will rarely have much fold equity.

Best Regards.
    • HansTheGreat
      HansTheGreat
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello Sikac,

Not really a huge fan of Check/Raising the Axx boards while the guy has a lot of Ax hands in his range. The investment we make might be near break-even for the fold equity we get there.

If we even do that then it's not a 2nd barrel on a turn cause you will rarely have much fold equity.

Best Regards.
      Hey,

I m writing this from Germnay so I will make it quick:
      -Ax are just not his only part f his range
      -his Cbeting 100% and as well the Cbet is weak
      -Isn t this a good spot to make it not a fit or fold play?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Oh you are already in Germany, nice. :D How is it there?

Axx boards are one of the worst to fight back, especially vs MP range as I said cause they hit much bigger time than any other overcard board. ;) Neither I don't ever see him folding Ax. We need ~55% fold equity which I doubt that we are getting vs his whole range. :)
    • HansTheGreat
      HansTheGreat
      Bronze
      Hey,

Well coming back on Tuesday, had just some staff to do. Since I dont have a equilab on this laptop(not mine) and have to anyway clear the whole history :D When I put this(change the combos if not correct) A2s+(12*4=48 combos),ATo+(4*12=48 combos),22+(13*6=78),K9s(4*4=16)+,KJo+(2*12=24),QTs+(2*4=8),QJo(12),65s+(5*4=20),J9s+(2*4=8)=102 combos with Ax(96+6 AAcombos :D )/262 combos of this range =0,389=~39% of his range his are Ax hands
      Hit this flop:114/262=0,435=~43,5%
      Does my calculation make any sense? I just got some inspiration to do so :D .
      I m not questioning your evaluation it is maybe me wondering why are not that good for a bluff attempt( maybe I m currently too involved in my bachelot work so always have to question something). Because in this case I think we can be sure 2 facts:
      -IP he is going to Cbet his whole Preflop range
      -Cbet looks weak(57%pot->probably set the size himself which from my experience tells me that he has a rather weaker hand then a stronger one->when value bet I think they press either 3/4 mostly or sometimes 1/2 OTF)-> very often I m also doing it this way betting my value bets stronger and less my bluff Cbets :f_biggrin:
      Hehe, anyway hopefuly I didnt bother you too much. After just 4 days of non play miss it so much that I started to question everything :facepalm: :s_biggrin:
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      -Cbet looks weak

How much would you CB on such a dry board then? :f_biggrin: ~$1,50? From what you getting called? Pretty standard CB I'd say, I'd do the same with bluffs and with Ax hands.

Also what makes you think that he opens ~18% from MP? (that's almost the range you gave out). Which most likely isn't true.

And even for given your range we practically doing it at the best break-even and not really a profit.

I'd exclude some of his range and which will make it that he will fold ~50% at the best of his range and maybe even floats some other PPs cause our Check/Raise on such a dry board doesn't make sense -> we would never do it with Ax. So in long run you not going to show profit.

Conclusion we don't have the fold equity to make profit in long run here.