SB: $3.90
      BB: $3.10
      UTG: $10.15
      UTG+1: $10.08
      Hero (MP1): $19.84
      MP2: $14.82
      CO: $11.91

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is MP1 with A :diamond: Q :diamond:
      UTG raises to $0.40, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.40, 1 fold, CO calls $0.40, 3 folds

Flop: ($1.35) Q :club: 9 :diamond: T :diamond: (3 players)
      UTG bets $0.70, Hero raises to $2.44, CO folds, UTG folds

UTG:

CO:
  • 9 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Sikac,

Kinda turning your hand into bluff and at the same time forcing all weaker hands out of the pot. I would rather prefer just calling cause vs sets your equity isn't going to be very strong.

Best Regards.
    • HansTheGreat
      HansTheGreat
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello Sikac,

Kinda turning your hand into bluff and at the same time forcing all weaker hands out of the pot. I would rather prefer just calling cause vs sets your equity isn't going to be very strong.

Best Regards.
      That is what a wanted to turn my hand into a bluff with decent equity and apply the concept of semi bluffs. Because this way I can also make better hand to fold because if you ask me his Cbet is crushing me(47% multiway->dont think my pair is here the best hand).
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Sikac
      Hello Sikac,

Best Regards.
      That is what a wanted to turn my hand into a bluff with decent equity and apply the concept of semi bluffs. Because this way I can also make better hand to fold because if you ask me his Cbet is crushing me(47% multiway->dont think my pair is here the best hand).
      Why turn your nutFD+TPTK into bluff?
    • HansTheGreat
      HansTheGreat
      Bronze
      Hello Sikac,

Best Regards.
      Why turn your nutFD+TPTK into bluff?
      OK with his Cbet frequency with what he is betting on this board: JJ,AK,AJ or PP below 99 we can exclude,due to his PFR and position I dont think he is OR KQand KJ(even not maybe AJ).SO what is left 99,TT,QQ make a set and KK+,AQ. The first ones we can t make fold but the 2nd ones we can . Our hand currently beats only a bluff or splits so I decide that I should make against such still reasonable opponent make him fold a better hand becuase the board is verygod to make someone fold KK+. Would you say that is just incorrect? YOu dont think that we actually beat just a bluff or split?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      OK with his Cbet frequency with what he is betting on this board: JJ,AK,AJ or PP below 99 we can exclude,due to his PFR and position I dont think he is OR KQand KJ(even not maybe AJ).SO what is left 99,TT,QQ make a set and KK+,AQ. The first ones we can t make fold but the 2nd ones we can . Our hand currently beats only a bluff or splits so I decide that I should make against such still reasonable opponent make him fold a better hand becuase the board is verygod to make someone fold KK+. Would you say that is just incorrect? YOu dont think that we actually beat just a bluff or split?

And I still don't see why you should be turning such a hand into bluff? It seems to be as a hand as like 99 would try to make to fold TT (turning a set of nines into bluff). What you trying to make to fold? AQ? KK/AA? Why? And would he ever even fold them? Plus bigger part of his range has you rather beat.

Why should we be turning such a equity into bluff?

Board: Q:club: 9:diamond: T:diamond:
             Equity     Win     Tie
      UTG    59.69%  59.32%   0.37% { QQ+, TT-99 }
      UTG+1  40.31%  39.94%   0.37% { AdQd }
    • HansTheGreat
      HansTheGreat
      Bronze
      I was wondering about what is my plan in this hand?
      I mean are we just drawing or we count also our TPTK as showdown value?
      Why shouldnt I make him fold AA,KK,AQ?
      From what I see if he Cbets the turn(blank) and then the river are we folding on blank one? Or if we miss and he X river are we then turning our hand into a bluff or on the river?
      I know that on the other hand we should also at some point think what is going to call us and that it is a a little bit weak to play R/F but I simply ask myself is there any other way to play this hand then my default one in this situation:F->C,T(blank)->C(not sure even,not sure if we can justify implieds),R->F(blank). I cant call a the turn and fold on blank river with TPTK, so this play of mine doesnt make sense,. SO either I m folding on the turn(blank-his Cbet turn 20%) or I can give myself high implieds and call if are correct?
      I m not saying that my play is correct it is just me wondering about having the implieds on the turn and not having a plan.Any J,Q,K,8, will kill the action so we probably wont very often justify our calls(our hand is a little bit face up?). Also is the concept of playing semi-bluffs only related to PRA?
      Maybe I m just wondering too much now that I dont have time to play but I think I really dont have a clear and thoughtfull gameplan. It is not like I always plan the whole play(how to play on certain cards in certain sitatutions). I mean you can see from the questions above.

P.S. Dont be mad at me and sorry for giving you extra work :tongue: ;)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      I am going to make it easy and simple. If you are raising here it means you are raising for value not turning your hand into bluff. The equity which is going to be needed after our raise + including the money in the pot and also opponents money will give us correct odds to Call vs even very strong range. I assume ~37% would be needed here.

Don't worry I am not mad but just surprised that you arguing about such a case here.
    • HansTheGreat
      HansTheGreat
      Bronze
      Maybe since I didnt had Skype need still to talk with you about something and still think about poker :P . You know still being in the bussinnes and just thinking about what I can do better and are certain lines better. Just maybe thinking to much you ;) . But I back so every thing fine and I know that I played wrong and it is actually pretty easy. See you around :)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Maybe since I didnt had Skype need still to talk with you about something and still think about poker :P . You know still being in the bussinnes and just thinking about what I can do better and are certain lines better. Just maybe thinking to much you ;) . But I back so every thing fine and I know that I played wrong and it is actually pretty easy. See you around :)
      Hopefully you enjoy Germany so far and still get some time to play pokah. :D Talk to ya later.